JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New Joe, reporting  (Read 2326 times)

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
New Joe, reporting
« on: June 17, 2008, 02:37:04 PM »

Heya, all

I'm new to the site, but not to the Joes.  I'm 25 (the magic year, it seems) and remember playing with my Brothers' old ARAH Joes when I was younger.  As they grew out of them, I took over the collection and had a grand time digging trenches in the backyard and making war.  I used to have a lot, but only have a few here and there...  Partway into High School I sold my collection at a yard sale, not realizing how much I'd miss it ten years later.

Now that I have a job and am making my own money, I'm making up for it - I'm slowly picking up a few Joes as I see them on eBay, but am trying to focus on the 25th anniversary ones, for now.  So far, I've got around 30 or so of the new ones, but I'm still missing a lot of the nicer ones.  I'm sure you'll see me posting a few threads as I look for anyone that can help me complete my collection - and I'm always happy to do the same for any of you. 

I'll see you around the forums, I'm sure!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: New Joe, reporting
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 02:40:42 PM »

Nice to have you on board. And it's a great time to get back into the hobby. 25th Joes arriving in Canada, and Hasbro's relationship with the fans is closer than ever before.
Updated!

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
Re: New Joe, reporting
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »

I got back in last year when I found my Iron Grenadier Destro and Jinx figures...  then it snowballed into a frenzy  :(

But the 25th anniversary is what hooked me, this year.  Glad to hear that Hasbro's giving us some love!  I live close enough to the States that I can take a day-trip to the Toys 'R' Us' down there, if it comes down to it - but I'd rather not have to make too many trips like that!  If they open up the online store to Canadians, I'll be happy