JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Wal~Mart raises prices on Singles ... again  (Read 6317 times)

Beachhead

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Wal~Mart raises prices on Singles ... again
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »

Yahhhhhh............ And there's no floating smiley faces near their prices. Either there never were, or they got pissed and left.

Anyways,  try to avoid walmart and store franchises like that for the single carded figures because of the Canadian packaging, but will buy the multi-packs and vehicles, that is if If my local Wal-Mart ever starts to have any.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:20:22 PM by Beachhead »
The G.I Joe convention was AWESOME.

WildMike

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 12:44:42 PM »

If the Canadian file cards bug you (I dont like them either) you can go to yojoe.com, download the American filecard pictures, resize them to 71% and print them on some sturdy paper! That will keep all your filecards the same size and all in English if you do get some Canadian carded figures. Thats what I have done!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 08:56:45 PM »

For the first time I saw the wave or asst that has Red Diver, Python Gaurd etc. I had assumed we'd never actually see them, even though I saw pics of them months ago. Bought two Red Divers and a PCG just cuz I could, finally.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »

Has anyone seen the red logo red mask Cobras anywhere yet? I *think* I've run into his asst at various Wal-marts (having found Red Diver, Ninja Viper, Tripwire and Python Guard) but I am yet to see the Cobra. I have seen him on American cards at the comic shop twice but paying 11.99+gst/pst is a bit steep for a super-generic army builder. Anyway I love the figure even if he's generic. I just wonder about finding him at W-M? Ideally I want ten or more of Cobra, Viper and BAT. So far my legion of Cobra troopers are anything but uniform, coming from all scattered waves and box sets and it really bugs me.

And I hear a lot of buzz that the States has had a new case revision that has Cobra with a black mask and a red logo. I hope that asst trickles in up here even if it's on Canadian cards.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »

I dunno exactly what it means but I saw the 25th pegs at my local W-M marked with a red piece of tape. To me that seems to say there won't be any more singles around here.

Oh well. At least I got five or six of the Cobras in the last two months. Now it's just holding tight till movie product hits. The five packs have sold out all over too, for anyone who didn't jump on them, at least in London. At one point I saw over 30 of them in a Zeller's, only to see them gone the next week.