JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Best Place To Get 25th Anniversary Joe's For Canadians  (Read 5719 times)

WildMike

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Best Place To Get 25th Anniversary Joe's For Canadians
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »

Hi folks:

Sorry so start a new thread with my first post but was not sure exactly where to ask this one.

My eldest son has gotten old enough to introduce to G.I. Joe (finally at just over 4) and he has taken to them much like his old man. We are having a great time watching me DVDs of all the old episodes. I have picked up a few comic packs for him at the local Toys R Us but the selection is quite limited.

He is not picky on who he gets and I cant find about half of my old Joes so duplication is not a big deal. Anyone know the easiest and cheapest way to get my hands on some of the new Joes for him (and me :)?

Nice forum here for Canadian fans.

All the best.

Mike
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Best Place To Get 25th Anniversary Joe's For Canadians
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 03:28:16 PM »

Walmart or Zellers might be the easiest, cheapest places to find the figures on foot.
There's retailers on-line that offer them, and collector/comic book stores that will carry them but you will suffer a mark-up that way.
How easy it will be to find the figures will depend on where you live.

WildMike

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:16:36 PM »

Thanks Arrow:

I will give Walmart and Zellers a try. As much as I dislike going there it is worth it for the kids! I so enjoy buying toys and saying they are for the kids when I know they are really for both of us!

I live in the West-End of Toronto and work down-town so have pretty good access to most places in the GTA if anyone knows a good spot. I have no problem ordering on-line either if you know some good spots as long as I don't get the beat-down from shipping costs!

Thanks again.

Mike

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »

There's always www.canadianjoecon.com - you'll find some there for sure! :-)

Welcome aboard!

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 04:52:21 PM »

If you end up really getting the bug, Smalljoes from the States is a great site for importing Joe stuff. Slight mark up and customs can be a pain but you just can't get American Joes in Canada very easily, so it's a good choice for me anyway.

http://smalljoes.com

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »

You could always try a local guy like me

A lot of my 25th figures are from 9.99 to 15.99 depending on the figure and the vehicles are cheap starting at 14.99

Check out my Sign line for the line to my site or check the main page for my sponsor link
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »

Quote from: "condor knight"

A lot of my 25th figures are from 9.99 to 15.99 depending on the figure and the vehicles are cheap starting at 14.99

Check out my Sign line for the line to my site or check the main page for my sponsor link

SHILL!!!!   ;D

I would also suggest Hal.  I have used him for most of my 25th Joe purchases (especially US cards) this past year.

WildMike

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 09:13:28 PM »

Sir you misrepresent yourself. The air trooper is only $5.99! And I always prefer the local guy. Your prices and selection are nice and the vehicle prices and comic packs are quite inexpensive compared to what I saw at Toys R Us. Where abouts are you located? It would be nice to treat the boys to a special G.I. Joe Valentines present if shipping would take too long and you are in the area. Of course that means the wife will need to get flowers and chocolates as well but I think it is worth the sacrifice.

By the way, whats the difference between guys with foil and those without (ie the Cobra Viper)? For me I think the cheapest is the best as it will be ripped out and manhandled as soon as it gets here but I was curious.

Mike

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:42 PM »

The foil versions mean they are the first print, more or less. For mint-on-card collectors they are more desirable. For openers like us, it means nothing. The guy inside is almost always identical in both packs, though sometimes the white border reissues have fixed crotches and other improvements.

edit: also, Canadian versions have a paper insert in English and French rather than a printed file card to cut out. Canadian carded versions have generic card art or in some cases none at all (just a blast with no one coming out of it). I think the blank blasts are actually trilingual.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:35:18 PM by Kronz »

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »

Quote from: "WildMike"

Sir you misrepresent yourself. The air trooper is only $5.99! And I always prefer the local guy. Your prices and selection are nice and the vehicle prices and comic packs are quite inexpensive compared to what I saw at Toys R Us. Where abouts are you located? It would be nice to treat the boys to a special G.I. Joe Valentines present if shipping would take too long and you are in the area. Of course that means the wife will need to get flowers and chocolates as well but I think it is worth the sacrifice.

By the way, whats the difference between guys with foil and those without (ie the Cobra Viper)? For me I think the cheapest is the best as it will be ripped out and manhandled as soon as it gets here but I was curious.

Mike

My Location is in Mississauga. Most of the 25th Joes are here in Mississauga. If you spend over $113.00 cnd that is including taxes you get free shipping and I usually ship within 24hrs after payment has been made. Just please read the description of the items since some are still on pre-order due to my supplier.

The no foil and no 25th logo are figures past wave 7 as well as second printings of the first 7 waves depending on the figure.
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 01:50:01 PM »

Not to take away from Eternity, but if you work in downtown Toronto you definitely want to check out Silver Snail. They have a fairly good selection (although a bit depleted lately) and their price is better than retail now, only $8.99. I expect that to go up once they get in wave 13 though. They get everything in eventually, but it doesn't always stay in stock very long, so you gotta go often or at least watch their site updates. www.silversnail.com

WildMike

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 01:28:06 PM »

Thanks very much for all the helpful hints everyone. I am glad to have found such a nice and helpful forum.

I am bidding on an e-bay lot but if it gets to expensive (which is likely) I will be contacting you Conder Night and taking a walk down to Silver Snail at lunch!