JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Power Team Elite in Canada  (Read 4766 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Power Team Elite in Canada
« on: August 02, 2004, 06:47:50 PM »

I remember reading many times, that the entire line of PTE product would eventually arrive in Canada, Giant Tiger was liquidating some of their stuff and it appeared as though it came from a distribution/importing company out of Ottawa.

My question to anyone who knows, is PTE product still coming to Canada, or was what Giant Tiger got, all there was to get?

I missed out on my chance for the Tank, BlackHawk and I really would have loved that Jet!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 08:30:24 AM »

I remember reading a thread earlier this year (or might have been winter of last year) on the JC board that someone talked to the manufacturer in China, and they said they would be making their new items available in Canada. I guess they forgot us.

Mastermind

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 08:28:54 PM »

I'm part of the Yahoo group for the Power Team collectors and a few months ago I asked Gordon Chin, the guy who designs the Power Team Elite figures and vehicles, if he knew how hungry we were in Canada for these nifty items. He sent me an email saying that the whole line was available at Giant Tiger in Canada but, so far, that was the only place. It's great if you have a Giant Tiger in your province but not so great if you don't. The only other option I know of is a new internet store which is going to deal with Power Team Elite items exclusively. Just go to the Joecustoms board and there is a link.
never know what to say in these things. Think of the most clever thing you\'ve ever heard and then pretend I said it here.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 10:25:02 PM »

I have been checking that link regularly, but the crappy part is, we are going to have to pay shipping from the US, and duty/taxes.

Giant Tiger is fine for me, however they only got one or two of the items, and I never saw the entire product line there.  And now that it is summer, they only ever stocked anything right around Christmas.  Why do people not want to make it easy to take my money?

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 11:29:14 PM »

I was in Buffalo today and KB Toys in the Prime Outlet had everything except the F-18, for cheap (sorta, when you consider the currency conversion). Three packs were 4.99, mini-vehicles sets such as the horses, camels, assault quad were 3.97, Black hawk for 19.99, Patrol boat, howitzer, and tank were around 14-17.99, and the watch tower was 8.97.
OT: While I was there in Buffalo, I finally picked up myself a Thunderwing with the bonus Ace. Oh yeah (Kool-Aid voice).

Chinooked Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 09:15:32 AM »

Quote from: ""Agent_Loop""
I was in Buffalo today and KB Toys in the Prime Outlet had everything except the F-18, for cheap (sorta, when you consider the currency conversion). Three packs were 4.99, mini-vehicles sets such as the horses, camels, assault quad were 3.97, Black hawk for 19.99, Patrol boat, howitzer, and tank were around 14-17.99, and the watch tower was 8.97.
OT: While I was there in Buffalo, I finally picked up myself a Thunderwing with the bonus Ace. Oh yeah (Kool-Aid voice).

how much was the Thunderwing? Im headed down there in september so I will have to keep my eyes open. Also do you have the directions to get there from the Niagra falls  bridge?
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 03:50:16 PM »

CC, I got the Thunderwing for $29.99 US with the Ace figure at the Summit Park Mall TRU. I actually hit that place by accident just five minutes after crossing the border, heading 190 (North or South?). Good luck!

Chinooked Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 03:51:36 PM »

Thanks! gotta stock up on some new stuff. hope most of my wants are there.
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 09:24:19 AM »

in Quebec we have a few at TRU. The 12inch line actually and its slowly dying since I havent seen restock for a year now.
Say no to AFA.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 10:06:23 AM »

You guys have a link to see what this stuff is...odds are I have seen it but I can not remember now....!!!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 10:28:48 AM »

www.powerteamfigures.com

is all I could find, though I havent serched much :oops:
Say no to AFA.