JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2011 GIJCC Incentive figure  (Read 8755 times)

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
2011 GIJCC Incentive figure
« on: September 02, 2010, 04:08:53 PM »

As seen on Generals Joes:
The 2011 GIJCC Incentive figure is none other than Dial Tone with a newly sculpted head and his familiar 1986 style!!! No pics for now!
I think it's a great idea, I hope it's true!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 GIJCC Incentive figure
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »

I might just actually join the club now, especially if their sets are going to be 25th from now on.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 04:50:22 PM »

As said on other boards, I hope he comes with his backpack.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 05:19:03 PM »

I'm glad I'm a member already!  Now to wait for it come in April!
Lurking

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:37 PM »

I'm pretty excited.  Just hope they pull off a good rendition, I was disappointed with the dr. venom.  Really, Dial Tone needs some distinctive parts not just existing molds.  Backpack is mandatory.  It's too bad the 25th is relegated to exclusives and member figures now.  Wow, that all sounded pretty sour.  Sorry guys!  Hopefully this Dial Tone will be what we've been wanting.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 12:43:33 AM »

Quote from: "turner"
I'm pretty excited.  Just hope they pull off a good rendition, I was disappointed with the dr. venom.  Really, Dial Tone needs some distinctive parts not just existing molds.  Backpack is mandatory.  It's too bad the 25th is relegated to exclusives and member figures now.  Wow, that all sounded pretty sour.  Sorry guys!  Hopefully this Dial Tone will be what we've been wanting.

You'd think between the hit Hasbro had with Sarge and the furor both the PoC Low-Light and now this Dial-Tone are going to cause, that they might re-examine the 25th line.  The only reason the 25th line went in the crapper in the first place was they started doing a bunch of repaints.  I can only take so many versions of Firefly, Storm Shadow, and Snake Eyes, and I'm especially frustrated when it takes 10 versions just to get the figure truly right.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 02:17:39 AM »

still pissed they've never done a second Airtight apart from that DTC one, which i didn't like...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 07:04:02 AM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"
I can only take so many versions of Firefly, Storm Shadow, and Snake Eyes, ...

... Duke, Serpentor, Cobra commander, etc.  :lol:

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 07:46:17 AM »

This news seriously makes me consider joining the club for the first time. Bandonov (or any other member of the GIJCC), if you would be so kind, what is the cost/benefit for you? If I understand correctly it costs about 62$US to join? Aside from the membership figure and 12(?) newsletters, what do you get for that price? Are the newsletters interesting (say on par with the excellent work done by the Joecanuck guys)? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

OB

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2010, 07:56:09 AM »

I wonder how they missed Dial-tone the first time around on the 25th line.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 08:14:41 AM »

Quote from: "Oreobuilder"
This news seriously makes me consider joining the club for the first time. Bandonov (or any other member of the GIJCC), if you would be so kind, what is the cost/benefit for you? If I understand correctly it costs about 62$US to join? Aside from the membership figure and 12(?) newsletters, what do you get for that price? Are the newsletters interesting (say on par with the excellent work done by the Joecanuck guys)? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
OB
I have been a member for a couple months so far,  the only other benefit not mentioned was the discounts for merchandise on the site.  I got my 2 Sgt. Slaughter for $40 from them.  All other items you can access with there free trooper membership.  It is the surprise figure that makes it worth wild.
Lurking

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 08:28:30 AM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Quote from: "Oreobuilder"
OB
I have been a member for a couple months so far,  the only other benefit not mentioned was the discounts for merchandise on the site.  I got my 2 Sgt. Slaughter for $40 from them.  All other items you can access with there free trooper membership.  It is the surprise figure that makes it worth wild.

Thanks for the info. I forgot about he better prices at the club store. Another question, how are the shipping rates when you order from the club store? I've heard horror stories, I assume the Officer level discount helps offset this?

OB