JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: NDK @ SDCC 2011  (Read 4986 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: NDK @ SDCC 2011
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 01:32:29 AM »

July 24th,

last day, everything is winding down, seen pretty much everything, spent most of my time in artists alley,

Saw the best cosplay of the convention today as well
He was an Orc or goblin type creature, very very flawless look, and moved like one too.

My final haul, a pair of redheads and a cover book from one of my favorite artists Scott Campbell

I wish I didnt save the artists alley for the last day as I missed out on some nice prints.

When I was getting my book signed by Scott he stopped mid way and chatted with a fellow artist and they were discussing the con.  They were saying how this year the con feels different from previous ones like its all media driven and the artists were being driven into a small corner(which they were) starting last year, and that the media and their fans were taking up passes that in years past were filled with comic enthusiasts and were eating up their profits and fans.  They were saying in the coming years they can see themselves not coming at all and focus on other conventions.  I found this conversation very interesting and very sad at the same time. I do agree there was too much razzle dazzle with TV shows and Movies.  SDCC was very fun, I'm defiantly going to go again next year if I can get tickets (people who registered for next year lined up like midnight each day all the way to morning, I was like F that, Ill take my chances with online tickets).  I learned so many hard lessons though, and now that I know what to expect, I will enjoy things more.
Some lessons:
-space in your luggage is a premium, dont buy anything big period unless you drove.
-dont ship if you can help it...shipping is killer if you have a lot of stuff.  I could have bought a plane ticket for my toys home for what I spent on shipping.  Hell I should have bought another luggage and paid the extra check in fee
-Judge what to line up carefully, some things its better just to get off ebay for an inflated price b/c the amount of time you waste lining up and being thrown around by con people might not be worth it.  Lining up means missing other things in the con.
-Plan for panels early, you have to know when everything is, for some of the popular panels its hard to get in so you have to line up early, and even sit through other panels to be able to get a seat in the one you want.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed some of my pics, I have a few more not sure if Ill post them though including some busty cosplay lol <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Oh and one last pic for the hall of shame, a guy was yelling out "free exclusive action figure", it was so ridiculous I picked it up just to laugh at
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:31:11 PM by NeoDragonKnight »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 02:27:08 AM »

cool, thanks.

moar cosplay!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:40 AM »

Sounds like you had a good time even though you had a few rough spots!
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 01:27:24 PM »

ya it was fun despite all the bumps.  Im curious how SDCC will be in the coming years.  Hopefully I can make this a yearly thing.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

roger dodger

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 02:23:01 PM »

Thanks for the excellent coverage and photos. I can't afford to go, but seeing all your great pix and reading your trip report is the next best thing.