JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Community Custom Dio?  (Read 5175 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Community Custom Dio?
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »

Hey guys, Im just curious, would any of you guys be interested in creating a group Dio at the CanJoeCon custom table?  Maybe have a snow theme and put our Joes/Canucks vs Cobra battle?  Even those who dont do customs can help with dio props like cotton or white sheets to create snow and snowbanks and such? 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Community Custom Dio?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »

I'm still learning but I would love to help with what I can... Sign me up!
Lurking

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »

I would suggest, if you proceed with this that you post it on various websites and get more interest in it.

The custom table displays have been declining each year. The biggest turnout for customs was in 2008, and it was nearly non-existent in 2009. It's gotten to the point that I was seriously considering scrapping the custom display table this year in favour of another guest.

So if you guys are seriously going to make a go of this, I'm cool with it - but be sure to keep me updated personally as I won't be reading "each" thread on the board leading up to the con due to con planning and such.

Spread the word, get more interested. If enough people submit figures, we may have a return of the custom contest - not seen since 2007. ;)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 10:25:31 PM »

Neo... It's all up to you now.  What do you want to do? 
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 10:28:57 PM »

Well Id like to see the response from the core joecanuck folks first.  I mean if theres no interest here, then there wont be interest on other boards.  I didnt picture a huge dio or anything, just enough to cover a bit of the table.  So lets see what folks here say first and then go from there.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 10:36:18 PM »

Hey, Neo... a bit off topic here but your Avatar is huge!  Did you do that on purpose or forgot to re-size it? 
Lurking

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 09:27:51 AM »

ya I noticed, I resized it at photobucket, try reloading and see if its smaller and let me know if its too big still and Ill have to reupload it.  Thanks!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 09:36:08 AM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
ya I noticed, I resized it at photobucket, try reloading and see if its smaller and let me know if its too big still and Ill have to reupload it.  Thanks!

Looks Great now!
Lurking

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »

Well,  I for one will be bringing my ARAH Joecanuck customs (so that hopefully they can make it in time for the photo shoot of, that is if I don't forget to display them from the start, again).

Neo  8), is there a preference as to whether the customs have to be ARAH or 25th style? Is it okay to mix them in your opinion, or should we do at least two displays? Me personnally, I'd find it strange. I'm still a Dinosaur who refuses to evolve, but that's just me.
2 + 2 = 22

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 01:27:44 PM »

id be intrested in in working on something like this neo
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »

cool, guys even if we get only a handfull we can have a decent display I think.  I personally dont mind mixing figures, but maybe set it up so that the ARAH are more grouped together then the others.  Im open to any ideas you guys have as to the theme and what type of props and figures we need.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »

Mike plugged this thread for you on the Newsletter!  Hopefully you get more people involved.
Lurking