JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Your Con Haul Thread!  (Read 12460 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Your Con Haul Thread!
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2011, 01:35:53 PM »

Quote from: "Sundance"
someone said something about a patch, any chance of a photo, please?

The Coyote patch was in the Con Set, the other patch was given as you came in to the Con.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »

My haul for this year:

2011 Con set w. comic and patch
MLC '83 Dragonfly w. Wild Bill
MLC '86 Thundermachine
MLC '86 Cobra Stun
About 20 Funskool carded figures
MISB 25th ann. Python Conquest
MISB 25th ann. Tiger Rat
Carded Funskool caucasian Iceberg
MLC Lift Ticket w. mic
Visionaries comics (complete series).. Thanks grunt!
'91 Impel card #68 (set is finally complete..Yay!)
MISB Sigma 6 Dragonhawk (that thing is going to be awesome for the 3 3/4 figures)
Shark beanie baby (I could not resist..Lol)
Shark week poster.. Thanks bandonov!

Money was scarce this year so.. no Blast-Off DVD nor RAHC guide for me..  >:(  :'(

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Quote from: "Sundance"
someone said something about a patch, any chance of a photo, please?

The Coyote patch was in the Con Set, the other patch was given as you came in to the Con.

Wow, you're a lucky man.. I never got that CanJoeCon patch! :o  :P

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 01:45:19 PM »

I went to the Mtl Toy Con on Sunday and I found a great deal there too.. for 50$

More pics in the 5h4rK's collection thread..

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 01:47:16 PM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
I went to the Mtl Toy Con on Sunday and I found a great deal there too.. for 50$

More pics in the 5h4rK's collection thread..

WHAT! That is AWESOME!

I'm so jealous!
Lurking

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

cool patches. love the coyote trooper one!
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 02:27:31 PM »

Shark, if you didn't know this, I'll save you the pain of Atari joystick blisters.  Sega Genesis controllers have the same pin configuration as Atari joysticks.  They work too; the d-pad is of course the stick and the B button = Fire button.  Makes controlling your Atari easier, more responsive, & less painful!
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 02:38:49 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"
Shark, if you didn't know this, I'll save you the pain of Atari joystick blisters.  Sega Genesis controllers have the same pin configuration as Atari joysticks.  They work too; the d-pad is of course the stick and the B button = Fire button.  Makes controlling your Atari easier, more responsive, & less painful!

Are you serious? Man, I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip!.. Now I'm trying to find my favorite game.. H.E.R.O.  ;D

Surnis

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 10:10:12 PM »

I got the con set too, of course, twice in fact. Will probably sell back one to a friend, not sure tough.

In addition to about a hundred cheap (mostly weaponless) cobra soldiers of various types to boost my legions, (including 4 Cobra-La Royal Guards, which is cool because a guard of one was pathetic!) I also got nice prices on convention soldiers, notably 5 Skull Squad Soldiers at 10$ each.

Especially pleasing to me was finding the comic 3 pack including Colonel Breakhov that l;ooks like himself and not just a repainted Red Star. Now, I need only find the pack with Horror Show and Stormavik, I'll have at least one version of everyone on the team. I'll only need the original Red Star and the black Big bear for a complete collection. I just hope they get some vehicules someday.

The Crimson Command Copter at 10$ was a nice find too. Sligthly damaged, but I can deal with it, and I already had Tomax and Xamot in pilot versions.

It was also good to find the black version of Cobra Commander with his podium at a reasonable price. Would have prefered the other one, but it's good.

Of particular interest was a customised comic 3 pack. It features Destro and Cobra Commander in the civilian disguises they put on in the Marvel comics when escaping from a failed assault on the G.I.Joe pit. (issue 55, the one included in the pack, nice touch!) Very well done, with pieces presumably sculpted by the creator, such as Destro's hat, and closed back with great skill (you'd swear this was never opened!) If it wasn't that the filecards in the back are completely irrelevant (red ninja vipers, etc) you could probably fool someone who didn't know that such figures don't exist that it's a real pack.  I'll try to get a webcam and post a picture, I think it's worth a look.

If the one who created that is reading this, I think it's pure genius! I love it!

Only regrets:
I managed to lose my convention patch, along with my first raffle ticket. i hope it didn,t get drawn while lying under a table or something.

There was a table with a box full of pack-rats. I always wanted those, and I wanted to inquire on the price, but there never was anyone at that table! And I came back many times. Those guys are lucky I'm no thief! In the end, I never knew the price and didn't get any.

Too bad that guy with the brazilian figures didn't get back this year. Maybe he would have decided on prices for his items by now, and maybe (ok, wishful thinking here) it would have been something I would have found acceptable to pay.

Overall, a good haul, but it pales in comparison to last year, where I found numerous unique cobra characters I didn't have. Now I only found Steel Cobra and didn't even get it.  I guess I have to leave some finds for the next years!

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 10:33:05 PM »

Quote from: "Surnis"

In addition to about a hundred cheap (mostly weaponless) cobra soldiers of various types to boost my legions, (including 4 Cobra-La Royal Guards, which is cool because a guard of one was pathetic!)

WOW! Awesome haul. I love that I can get some cheap army builders. I only got one original Cobra soldier this year, but last year I grabbed Eels, Snow Serpents, SeiGees and Vipers on the cheap. I agree about Royal Guards. I don't like them much, but I had to have at least 3 or 4 or it seemed pointless.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 11:28:46 PM »

This is what I picked up:

Kenner's ALIENS vs Predator huge loose action figure lot (includes the Queen Hive Playset!!!) Oh yeah, thanks Condor you must seriously be a telepath to know each time exactly what I want man!
3x 25th Python Conquests MISB and many accessories to help me complete my joes (thanks again to Condor)
Kenner's ALIENS Scorpion Alien MOSC figure (thanks to Voker)
Harmony Gold's Robotech Roy Fokker mint on card (thanks to Voker)
Universal Monsters 3.75inch loose Dracula & Frankenstein figures, and some accessories to help me complete my joes (thanks to Master Stanley)
Red Shadows & Black Major convention MISB figures, and many other accessories to help me complete my joes (thanks to GSmiley)
Parts to help me complete a MMS and a Wolverine, and 3 MOSC Battlecorps figures (thanks to Nova)[/list]
2 ROC Rhinos (thanks to Bandonov)
An almost complete collection of MOSC and MISB Sgt. Savage figures and vehicles (thanks to Snowhawk for hooking me up with the very awesome Jeremy Thorp!)
A few MOSC Battlecorps and Ninja Force figures (thanks to Deadshot who I didn't recognize right away because of the beard LOL!)
2 MOSC VvV E-frames (thanks to Stealth Viper)
Blast-Off DVD and Convention exclusive card autographed by Ron Rudat (thanks to Mr. Rudat)
A thick pile of Hasbro Zarana cardarts to give away at the upcoming local conventions (thanks to Hasbro Canada's Rep)
2011 Convention set and extra comic book autographed by our Agent Loop
A unique Shiver 25th style custom figure by our own Neodragonknight, a totally unexpected but very very appreciated gift, thanks man you rock

And lastly....cheesy breads! Compliments of Hal and gang to keep me from starving during my journey back to the wilderness! Thanks a lot guys.
2 + 2 = 22

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 08:21:02 AM »

I managed to take home with me

2011 Convention Set
Code Name: Blast Off DVD (autographed!!!)
POC Crazylegs
POC Ashiko
POC HISS Scout
Vamp Mk II
POC Skydive
POC Alley Viper
25th Dr. Mindbender
Carded Convention Pimp Daddy Destro (traded with Pete the Greek)
Marvel Universe Bullseye

All in all a big win.