JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Need a few good Canucks!  (Read 1907 times)

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Need a few good Canucks!
« on: May 17, 2010, 02:50:28 AM »

Due to an ill timed flat tire, my pre Joecon adventures in Canada were cut short last month as was my British Columbia Olympics adventure in February due to snow storms.  So I only had time to figure out one good spot for the Cobra Capture Classic in Ontario and that was a rural one at that.  Between now and Canada Joe Con I will not be making any more trips to Canada and having only one hidden figure in Canada just will not do.  So I need a few Canucks to help me out hiding figures.  I'd like to get two more in Ontario, two in Quebec, one in newfoundland, PEI, Nova Scotia, one in Manitoba, one in Saskatechewan (gah I butchered that sorry), one in Alberta and the british columbia one is already covered.  So what I'd like to get from you guys is to message me with a plan for a good hiding spot if you're up to the task. 
The hiding place must be on public property (unless you have permission from the property owner like a restaurant or such), and it the public place must be an area where you can search for it without people thinking you're crazy.  Think good geocache type spots. 
If the hiding place is good, send me your address, and I'll send you out the figure.  You then hide it taking good pictures of the area, and then post the clues to the thread.  I'll copy it over to the other boards from there.  Please don't give any of your buddies the heads up before you post it, give everyone an equal shot. 
Also for being such a help to the contest, you'll also get your name into the drawing for the Terror Drome at the con. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Need a few good Canucks!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 02:21:02 AM »

Cmon, only one of you guys is willing to hide figures?  ???

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 10:27:13 AM »

Well, I'm in Florida so I can't help ya get one in Canada.  But I would think the daunting thing would be to figure out a suitable place that won't be inadvertently interfered with.

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 02:38:32 PM »

This is true.  I really underestimated how much time each hiding place would take to set up while on the road in towns I've never been before.  In my local area it was easy.