JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Family Guy Live  (Read 8824 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Family Guy Live
« on: July 26, 2004, 11:07:15 AM »

Family Guy Live:

Thanks to the Just for Laughs festival, I was able to in an audience of hundreds for one of the four live readings of the unaired Family Guy episode "When you wish upon a Weinstein". The full regular cast was there, which is of course, mostly Seth McFarlane, as was the episode's writer Ricky Blitt, a Montrealer. Upon introduction, Ricky Blitt commented that "Seth ne comprend pas le francais alors il a aucun idea qu'est-ce que je dit. Seth aime les 'tit garcon". Which translates into "Seth doesn't understand what I'm saying. He likes little boys."

From there, Seth Green was introduced to much fan fare, and the announcement of his new movie Without a Paddle was met with polite applause. Then Mila Kunis, who received some cat calls from guys in the audience, and That 70s Show was applauded upon mention. And finally Alex Borstein came out. She was introduced as Ms Swan from Mad TV, which was applauded, and mention was made of Catwoman. Silence filled the theatre. Polite silence, I'd say, considering what we'd all have liked to shout.

The reading was pretty straight forward. Both Seth Green and Seth McFarlane were enjoying a beer, so there were some comical improvisations. Mila Kunis looked bored to be there, which was justified since she only had about five lines the entire episode. And the first Stewie line received a huge ovation, which McFarlane commented was four for four.

The real fun statred in the question and answer period. I got on the mic and mentioned to Seth Green that he was awesome in Arcade. He scoffed at the idea and went on to pick this movie apart for the awful piece of nonsense that it was. McFarlane, however, seemed intrigued and wanted to track it down. I then asked how they could get away with copyrighted characters like Optimus Prime and Luke Skywalker. The answer was just a stroke of the legal department, but Seth Green threw out that he was called into the Starscream testimonial, and Seth McFarlane added that there was damning evidence from Bumblebee. They then expressed their love for one another. I'm told that at the earlier reading, after a preview of Seth McFarlane's new show American Dad, Seth Green said enthusiastically "And Flint from GI Joe does one of the voices". He didn't get the reaction he deserved for nerding out to his peeps like that.

Then came the shameless bottomfeeding. Someone wanted the Stewie standee (which he didn't get, even after insisting beyond it being funny). Someone wanted a copy of the script they were reading (which Mila Kunis provided). Someone wanted Seth Green to sign her boob. Just wish it was me. I'd love for The Seth to sign my boob.

Finally, Adam from Toronto came to the mic. He received a round of boos from the mostly Montreal crowd, proving that the incident on Conan O'Brien where Toronto booed Montreal was a mutual feeling. He nailed us with a good-natured "Go Leafs, Go" and got booed again. Alex Borstein livened the mood by saying "Why do Montrealers hate the name Adam?" and then moved on. And for the record, I haven't once ever in my life met someone from Toronto that didn't deserve a round of boos. Ever. That's right.

Overall, an awesome show. It may have been $40 for an hour of entertainment, but I got to speak with Seth Green. It was so much more real than when I talk to the autographed postcard on my mantle.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!