JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Back in Ontario!  (Read 11226 times)

Collectorman

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Back in Ontario!
« on: July 30, 2004, 11:18:08 AM »

Well guys, I'm back in Ontario.

For those who don't know me too well, I relocated to Nova Scotia about two months ago for a sales agent position with a clothing company. When I arrived, I learned that the position had been falsely advertised, but I decided to stay and see if I could find another job so I wouldn't look like a complete idiot for moving 1200kms from home. After finding a part time position in a video store, things started to work out a little better.

Anyways, recently my aging grandmother has been under scrutiny from Revenue Canada for a pension/income tax screw-up involving a large sum of money back here in Ontario. Aside from that, the people I was staying in Nova Scotia with are going through some serious financial hardships, and it took a serious bite out of the meager savings I had brought with me. So plagued by an eventual legal battle and under the pressure of my friend's domestic problems, I had my buddy in Hamilton (who's the best shit in the entire universe in my eyes) booked me a plane ticket home.

I got back on Sunday evening from Halifax. I've been busy with helping my mom move into her new apartment, so I really haven't had the time to sit down and write a decent post admitting my overwelming defeat until now.

So, for the forseable future, I'm back in Ontario!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
UCK!

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Back in Ontario!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 12:45:09 PM »

Hope you have a smooth transition back in Ontario and all goes well for you.

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Back in Ontario!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 01:34:38 PM »

Defeat?  I wouldn't say so.  Just a learning experience.  Nothing ventured nothing gained.  You have to take chances in life sometimes, and sometimes they don't always work out.
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Back in Ontario!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 04:56:42 PM »

Good to have you back John!

At least you took the chance.

I turned down a job in Atlanta years ago and to this day I regret it.
(One of those 'what if' things....)
mike

Collectorman

• View Profile
Back in Ontario!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 09:55:02 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
I turned down a job in Atlanta years ago and to this day I regret it.(One of those 'what if' things....)
mike

That's funny, my mom was offered a position as a plant manager in Atlanta years ago...she turned it down but wonders to this day what would have come from it.

I love being home, but the amount of debt I face with everything happening kind of worries me. Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about starving to death anymore.  :|
UCK!

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Back in Ontario!
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 10:29:38 PM »

What does your signature mean...I know it goes with your story...let us in on the story!!!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Back in Ontario!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 10:21:42 AM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
What does your signature mean...I know it goes with your story...let us in on the story!!!

You're wondering about his sig line?..... Heck, I'd be more interested in finding out the history behind the  remark above his avatar!
:lol:
(Sorry John.... couldn't resist!)
Mike

Collectorman

• View Profile
Back in Ontario!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 08:28:38 AM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""

Well, before I left for Nova Scotia, a friend of mine kept telling me about 'donairs'. Basically, a donair is a pita filled with spicy shaved beef, onions, tomatoes and this white donair sauce that's kind of sweet. I likened it to a gyro or kebob from a Greek or Middle Eastern restaurant, but donairs are really only available down East.

I'm a big fan of most Middle Eastern food, as well as Thai and other spicy foods. So when my friend said a donair is spicy, I had a smile on my face. Anyways, I ordered a small one, and ate it, without even a glass of water.

Then I started telling people about the Tandoori restaurant in downtown Hamilton (their kabobs are painful at times :D ). To me, donairs were just bland.

Quote from: ""Bounty Hunter Mike""
You're wondering about his sig line?..... Heck, I'd be more interested in finding out the history behind the remark above his avatar!

You and Beav must have been working in tandem Mike...whenever I make a post anywhere, I find an avatar line.  :lol:
UCK!