JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 6815 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« on: October 23, 2006, 05:55:52 PM »

So The Giant Man wave was the last wave that Canada will get of the Marvel Legend series, and we won't be seing the last couple of wave of the X-Men or the Super Showdown figures.
Grand Toys is no longer the distributor of them, and ToyBiz international is not picking up the slack - basically for the next year there will be no new Marvel product on store shelves except for the Hasbro kiddie product like the stuffed Spider-man doll.

What really sucks is this really feels like, "we (Grand/ToyBiz) lost the license so lets ruin it for everyone!"  I am trying like crazy to try and find someone who is wilingl to import the last couple of Marvel Legends lines so that I could purchase them from a Canadian retailer and hopefully inspire that retailer to order more product that I like, so that I can actually enjoy the few toys lines left that I collect.  I know I could order from the states, then pay duty and shipping and when all is said and done I would have a $20+ action figure and at the same time I wouldn't be supporting a Canadian business.

This all comes back to Hasbro!
First takes my Joes away.
Then they tell me they are cancelling my Transfromers Alternators.
Then they buy the Marvel Lic. and ToyBiz/Grand cuts me off.
I have nothing left to collect and somehow it is all Hasbro's fault!

I sent an email asking ToyBiz what was going on, and it was forwarded to Grand who replied with sorry, not our problem, the product you are asking about belongs to Hasbro now.  So I went to Hasbro's website and sent them a question regarding the Marvel Legends availability - I havn't heard back yet, but I am guessing they will forward it to Hasbro Canada who will have no clue what I am talking about, and they will tell me to try one of their other products or visit an online retailer like eBay.

Again, it is all Hasbro's fault for slowly killing one toy line at a time that I like.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 06:59:01 PM »

Can you post the email or whatever from Grand? I'm (a little) suprised and (a lot) disappointed if they are not going to continue carrying Marvel Legends? Is it officially official that Canada is now screwed on ML just like GI Joe?
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 07:54:24 PM »

Wow.

Did I close up at the right time or what!?

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 08:34:01 PM »

Here is what I got
My Favourite part is when ToyBiz says "can you help him find what he is looking for in your country" Followed by the Grand rep saying "Your Hasbro's problem now, and I don't know what ToyBiz is talking about"

Hello Aaron, thanks for your e-mail. Hasbro will be taking over distribution on Toybiz in Canada. Hope this info helps you out, have a great day!

Thank You!
Angelika Hoehne
angie@grand.com
514-685-2180 ext:260
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2006 9:45 AM
To: 'Angie Hoehne'
Cc: 'Ron Oboler'
Subject: FW: toybiz.com user comment

Angie,
Good Day to you...
Can you please respond to this email below from this consumer?
Kindly help them find what they are looking for in your Country.

Thanks,
Dan Haines
Toy Biz Consumer Affairs Representative

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 12:37 PM
Subject: toybiz.com user comment

PRODUCT: Marvel Legends

UPC:

COMMENT: I have just read on a couple of different website that the ToyBiz line of Marvel Legends will no longer be available to Canadians.  Is this true?

Is there any way, other than ebay, that a person living in Canada can purchase them at retail?
I  love the Marvel Legends line as well as many of the other toy lines from ToyBiz that feature marvel charatcters and feel sad that I will no longer be able to purchase these items outside of the US.

SUBMIT: submit

__UTMZ: 131755402.1150674930.1.1.utmccn=(direct)|utmcsr=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)

__UTMC: 131755402

__UTMB: 131755402

__UTMA: 131755402.1939778818.1150674930.1152566675.1160930005.8

DISCLAIMER:
   The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. Access,
copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained therein
by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the
originator.

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 11:33:03 AM »

Have a great day? Thanks Angie.  :evil:
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 04:09:06 PM »

This is why I am glad Hasbro is taking over the Marvel lisence. The person who does customer support for Grand in my opinion is one of the biggest *****es I have ever dealt with. When I had to replace a TNA Jeff Hardy (malformed wrist peg broke when I took him out of teh package), I had to deal with her. She did send me a replacement after throwing a hissy fit and not understanding the concept of "I cannot drive, I lack a lisence and car and the nearest TRU is an hour away so it may be 3 or 4 months before I can go there again so I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than exchanging the product at a store"

This will be good for any Marvel product problems starting next year, unfortunately odds are Grand will still be the people we deal with for problems with TNA and any other TB product.

What I find funny though is the ToyBiz customer service should know that outside the US new ML products shouldn't be showing up, which I believe has to do with time constraints of getting product shipped and on shelves and selling before Hasbro takes over the Marvel toy lisence. Look at TRU, WalMart and Zellers. TRU has had the WalMart wave and ML 13. The last series I saw at Zellers (yesreday) was 12 (a series I cannot complete unless I want a partial blue partial black Apoc). The last time I saw WalMart carry ML (which between Belleville, Kingston and Napanee was maybe the early summer) they had ML 11.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 05:57:24 PM »

So after hearing back from Grand, I decided since they put the ball back in my court I would send ToyBiz a follow up email detailing everything and I asked my question again this time quoting what Grand Toys told me.
I also asked since Grand told me that Hasbro was dealing with the Marvel Legends series, if they could point me in that direction.

Here is the response I got (Strangely enough in none of my emails did I mention the Giant Man Series)

Dear Aaron:

Thank you for your follow-up email to Toy Biz Worldwide Consumer Services
regarding Giant Man Series in Canada.

I understand that this series is being carried by Toy R Us  ONLY in
Canada. Unfortunately we do not have access to specific information as to
the stores in your area that may have the items in stock.

We have no information to offer you on Hasbro. You may want to do a Google
Search to get information on them. They do not take over until  2007.

We appreciate your loyalty to the Toy Biz Worldwide line of products. For
more information on current or upcoming products, please visit our website
at www.toybiz.com. If we can assist you in the future, please contact us
toll free at 1-800-728-2018, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time, or e-mail us
at toybiz@casupport.com.

Sincerely,

Dan Haines
Consumer Affairs Representative

Google info on Hasbro?  WTF?  So just for fun I sent Hasbro an email outlining everything that I have so far.  Basically ToyBiz sent me to Grand Toys who sent me to ToyBiz who told me to google you?
I wish I had a loud speaker on the top of my car so that I could drive by their head offices and yell out  "I have money to spend - dedicated customer - I have bought all past products - will buy all future products!"  

It also bugs me that nobody at the customer service end of these companies knows what is going on, or maybe they are not allowed to say what is going on?  But my guess is that they simply don't care, and I have to admit I am aslo starting to not care.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 06:14:55 PM »

Quote from: ""akpayne""
But my guess is that they simply don't care, and I have to admit I am aslo starting to not care.

...and that is why I have turned down a job with Toys R Us.
They have the same mentality.

Customer service to me means HELPING.

All Toy Biz is doing with you is giving you a run around since you're a non-U.S. client.

Sega did this as well when they had their Sega Saturn system...... oops! no more systems by Sega now is there?

Aaron, try www.legendsactionfigures.com

I've spoken to and met Steve and Andre from there. They're in Montreal.

yes, you'll have to pay a little more, and yes, they have to be shipped, but they've gotten in good with Hasbro Canada, and seem to get all items from the U.S. without missing a beat.

If I still had the store, I would be going in on the Toy Biz items with them from now on anyway, so give them a try.

Contact them - address it to Steve, tell him I referred you to them. - Also ask if they'll ship everything to you loose to save you some money.
Mike

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 11:37:13 PM »

Man, that is horrible customer service.  Those are some of the lamest replies I have read.  If I did this at work and treated any of my clients this way, I would have been fired along time ago.

I guess 2007, I won't have really much to collect.   No more Transformer Alternators.  All because Hasbro will want push that crap from the movie instead.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Marvel Legends
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 01:15:10 PM »

If this is any consolation...

From what I've heard, Transformers Alternators is on hiatus, and will be returning after the movie hoopla is done.

ALSO, there are only two months left in 2006, so you'll probably only need to order one wave online. Not the end of the world. There will be plenty of online places carrying the wave and plenty more blowing out the would-be pegwarmers later on.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 11:37:10 PM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
Man, that is horrible customer service.  Those are some of the lamest replies I have read.  If I did this at work and treated any of my clients this way, I would have been fired along time ago.

I guess 2007, I won't have really much to collect.   No more Transformer Alternators.  All because Hasbro will want push that crap from the movie instead.

You know that those are only preview figures right. Its probably the form they'll have at the beginning of the movie before taking earth vehicle forms.

I agree thats its too bad about the alternatorl line. Those were the only transformers I still bought.
Say no to AFA.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 12:37:47 AM »

Quote from: ""Redmao""
Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""

You know that those are only preview figures right. Its probably the form they'll have at the beginning of the movie before taking earth vehicle forms.

I agree thats its too bad about the alternatorl line. Those were the only transformers I still bought.

The more and more stuff that comes out for this movie, the less I am interested.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67