JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Save 3 3/4 GIJOE  (Read 3311 times)

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« on: February 22, 2005, 10:37:39 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I really feel that this is worth a try, so let's get together as a community and show hasbro how much we care.  If everyone could pass this on to all the GIJOE collectors they know it would be greatly appreciated.  Everyone please spend a little time to write a letter (a real letter) and mail it to Hasbro, a little time and postage may make a difference.

Here are Hasbro's mailing adresses:

Hasbro, Inc.
Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 200
Dept. C-847
Pawtucket, RI, 02862-0200.

Hasbro, Inc.
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02862.

Please just send one letter, we brought back the o-ring, we got them to make comic packs, we got them to make troop builder packs, we can do this WE CAN

Custo

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 11:23:20 PM »

Imagine this move being successful, that Hasbro will halt production on Sigma Six, and 3 3/4" and 12" will resume where it left off while the Sigma Six cartoons airs on television without any toyline. Then kids hooked on the anime Gonzo-produced Sigma Six will be disappointed that no SS toyline exists, while collectors are upset as well, for continuing to waste money on 3 3/4" repaints and not give their wallets a rest...

Just let nature take it's course, custo and others who are frustrated about the Sigma Six situation. Let Hasbro see for themselves how their new line becomes a success or failure this fall. If Sigma Six does go well...I will still not collect any of their figures...but if it does go down the drain as most predict, we'll be laughing at Hasbro and tell them that is the last mistake they will ever make.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 11:49:48 PM »

I agreee with Loop.  Let nature take it course.

I don't expect the Sigma line to be around in a year or so.  The toy market is a tough sell now adays for kids.  If you don't believe me, then why is WB changing the look of Bugs and his pals.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05048/458932.stm

"It doesn't take a genius to look at the trouble in the toy business and what's going on in the food business to see that the overall kids market is particularly weak," says Jon Mandel, co-chief executive of Grey Global Group Inc.'s MediaCom.

What makes Hasbro think this line will have an impact in sales is beyond me.  Even toys from movies like Spiderman have collected dust at TRU. When Sigma doesn't go well as expected, then Hasbro will throw out a bone to the 3 3/4 collector.  They know they have niche market in terms of a cash grab.  But some can argue the nostalgia is warring off for most toy lines.  If this hiatus is long one for the 3 3/4, then Hasbro killed the golden goose in my view.  That gives way to much time for the collector to figure out whether he was collecting for the love or for the habit.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 11:59:42 PM »

Honestly, what else are we going to get? Most of collectors demands have been met. The Oktober Guard, Cobra Infantry, Crimson Guardsmen, Subteams (Python Patrol, Tiger Force, Night Force) and Greenshirts have all been done. We got new sculpts that improve vastly on the originals and repaints of classic figures in the comic packs.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 10:23:32 AM »

man this new cartoon genre is taking everything even Bugs....
Say no to AFA.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 11:32:17 AM »

Hold on a minute...when is it ever enough?  :shifty:

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 11:45:12 AM »

Yeah, Hasbro NEEDS to push the new toys for the cartoon to do well.
and vice-versa....

Let the 3 3/4" line take a break. I'd bet by this time next year we'll have more 3 3/4" stuff.
Mike

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 12:58:33 PM »

Well the one thing about the new line...I will not buy it...at least I do not think...but I have two boys....and I bet I will get these figures for them! So this might be a shift from selling to the collectors before and now trying the kids directly.  :shifty: Maybe a cereal will come out as well..... :shock:

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 01:10:33 PM »

cereals, plush, pyjamas, video games, shoes you name it. With that role play green gun, you can just expect a Snake Eyes sword with ninja sounds (ironic isn't it) and tons of products.... :roll:
Say no to AFA.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Save 3 3/4 GIJOE
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 05:21:20 PM »

I know I know, but still :(
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers