JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New Joe AND COBRA 5 Pack Images!  (Read 17081 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: New Joe AND COBRA 5 Pack Images!
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2008, 10:30:09 AM »

I just noticed Cobra Commanders arms have been fixed as well. He doesn't have the fist anymore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 12:22:09 PM »

Are these retail sets? I remember there being other box sets like this before but I never saw them at stores. I think I saw them at the 80's Toy con in Burlington last April(?). I hope these will be easier to come by I really want them.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2008, 01:40:45 PM »

Quote from: "thatcarlguy"
Are these retail sets? I remember there being other box sets like this before but I never saw them at stores. I think I saw them at the 80's Toy con in Burlington last April(?). I hope these will be easier to come by I really want them.

If they're out by May you WILL find them at the Canadian GI Joe Convention : www.canadianjoecon.com

Bandalero

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2008, 10:11:11 PM »

Quote from: "morgardee"
I just noticed Cobra Commanders arms have been fixed as well. He doesn't have the fist anymore.

Yeah, his body is straight from DVD pack #5 where they fixed the fist-hand first.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2008, 10:18:56 PM »

Quote from: "thatcarlguy"
I think they took away Lady Jayes clevage lol.
Damn it.  That was easily the most memorable aspect of the character.  Any guy who's seen the cartoon growing up knows what I mean. ;D

These packs look great.  Assuming I can find them, I'll get them.  Mainly the Joe one.  Cobra one ain't bad, either.  Love that Viper.
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2009, 10:54:04 PM »

Just ordered the Joe set, out of impatience. The Cobra set is far less useful since I bothered tracking down carded versions of all but one of them, though I have to have it. Baroness is sorely missed and I can't take her diver iteration seriously at all. Now, to find it at retail...wish me luck!

thatcarlguy

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 09:55:22 PM »

come to Brantford at the Walmart. You'll find a tonn of Joes and Cobras of these sets!

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2009, 01:11:04 AM »

They just hit London today. I grabbed the Cobra set and it's not bad. Would've liked a little higher quality in Zartan and SS but whatever, they are dupes anyway and I love that SS's gear is backwards compatible with ARAH since it's got no peg. My Ninja Viper from 92 will finally have proper gear.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2009, 10:23:21 PM »

Saw them in a Windsor Wal*Mart tonight.
Updated!

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 12:49:10 AM »

I've got both sets now, got one at Wal-mart and the other online (assuming I'd never find either at retail).

Now I think these are a great value, and are most appropriate as starter kits for either children or an adult who has only got his interest up again since the movie preview (or similar). For those of us who have had a long head start, neither set is amazingly useful but I'd still call it a must-have at the price.

Cobras:

Baroness: The best version of this character ever. This figure is the only real exclusive and brilliant figure in the Cobra set. I would have paid $15 for her alone, so it justified the set easily. Having missed out on the first black version last year, I was very happy to get this much-improved take on one of the most important Cobras of all.

Cobra Commander: He's fine. I didn't like the cape when it came in the comic pack and don't like it now. Otherwise, he's a classic version of my favorite psychotic tyrant.

Zartan: Useless to anyone who got the carded Swamp Zartan. His face isn't as nicely made and the overall paint looks cheaper.

Storm Shadow: a great new mold but his skin is molded in color, not painted like the superior quality carded Storm Shadow. It looks like this mold will be properly painted for its release in the Hall of Heroes. Annoying.

Viper: Nice. If this is the version we'll get in the TRU set, sign me up. Not a huge improvement in any practical sense, but the chrome really stands out making this a very handsome Viper. Like the Baroness, this is probably the best this character has ever looked.

Joes:

Flint: Skinnier with new backpack-friendly webgear. I like the old webgear more, it made him seem more muscular. Also, I am not liking the face on this version, enough that I may end up permanently giving him Flint-in-disguise's beret head. The new one has bared teeth and just doesn't look good to me, even if it's clearly Flint. He has a hard time holding his weapons too. Tiger Force Flint will remain my favorite Flint so far.

Hawk: Cheap-o repaint of the wonderful carded version. It's bad enough that Hawk's face is inconsistent between his 82 and 86 iterations, but carrying this across the 25th line makes it even more confusing. Hawk v2 in 25th form basically looks like Duke in the face. I definitely prefer the grimacing v1 face from the comic pack. Anyway, this version is cheap! It doesn't even say Abernathy on his bomber jacket any more. A waste of a slot in the set, if you ask me. At least it wasn't another Duke.

Shipwreck: I wanted him the most, since I missed out on his carded version and the comic pack version is too far off course to satisfy my nostalgia. I hate the way they did Polly, and I liked his older head mold better, but this is a very accurate cartoon Hector and that's good enough for me.

Lady Jaye: My copy has head problems because of her collar. The head isn't as nicely painted as the version in the DVD set and this one lacks the cleavage most of us appreciate. A much better spear and nice articulation make this a decent figure, if still maybe my second-place LJ.

Snake Eyes: Now this is one I can approve of. However, I reckon the HoH version will take this mold and present it in nicer paint and construction quality ala Storm Shadow from the Cobra set.

I'd give each set a solid 7 out of 10. Worth buying but not without some issues.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 08:24:36 PM »

This is a stretch, but has anyone bought the Into pack with DVD?  I was curious about the DVD is it is any good.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!