JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Things you would like to see Hasbro change/do differently.  (Read 2906 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Things you would like to see Hasbro change/do differently.
« on: March 17, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »

Hey all, what is/are something(s) you would like to see Hasbro change, or do differently for any of their brands?

I'll start with something that crosses over most of their brands:

STOP POSING FIGURES IN THE PACKAGE!!  Especially in ways where joints are either stressed, or limbs get tension that causes warping.  PLEASE, just leave them in a standard pose, and not in some "action" pose that causes warping, etc.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Things you would like to see Hasbro change/do differently.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »

bring back the o-ring figures and 12 points of articulation for Joes.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »

Go back to 25th anniversary styles card art. Have you guys seen the new Cobra Commander figure MOC over at gijoeclub.com? The movie figure card art is horrible. It's the Rock and Snake Eyes plastered over the top.

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 02:03:35 AM »

This^^

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 07:49:40 AM »

What is this thing you call "Art-ic-u-la-tion?" 

I remember something like that before, but I don't understand it anymore with new figures.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 05:03:40 PM »

Sorry... I'm totally mesmerized by the right side of the package where it says "Cobra staff fires missile." That looks like so much fun!!!!

Hasbro -> win!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 06:31:15 PM »

Oh, I would also like to see....more ARAH era repaints with the new 25th molds!!!!

Tiger Shark, MSV, Dreadnok Air and Ground Assault, etc...

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:59 AM »

Redevelop a mythos again.  Make me care about the property.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 01:51:07 AM »

What would I like to see done differently for GIJOE??

-I'd like to see a thorough weapons/gear list with each figure--not some non-applicable descriptor that doesn't match what's in the package.
-I'd like to see catalogues come with vehicles again, and descriptions of said vehicles/playsets.
-I want playsets. Not COBRA Mountain trash but well-thought out HQ's or display sets.
-I'd dump the spring-launched weapons. Forever. POC proved the figures didn't need them--at least to me. use other action gimmicks....lights, sound....magnets.....but dump the launchers.
-In the same vein, I'd dump the over-sized weapons. Its in-scale or its omitted. Big weapons are crew-served weapons......they'd come with two figures, or on vehicles.
-I'd do something that was done in the very first GIJOE toys.....the 12" ones......I'd include diorama brochures. Guides on a simple foldout that show how to build displays with common or cheapo household items, how to paint and detail figures and vehicles more.....how to photograph displays. Get the HOBBY back, and get collectors/kids interacting with the toys again.
-Do waves of the toy line with a storyline to it. POC had that.....but go deeper with it. Yeah, I don't have a problem with buying a HISS Tank that is to go with a SNOWCAT, and specific figures to match those vehicles and the storyline. It becomes a subset, within the line. It can give an impetus to do different packaging for each subset.

--Here's the BIG ONE: GIJOE Universe. Tap into ALL OF IT. Action Man, Super Joe, Atomic Man, Intruders. GIJOE Extreme. Draw from the whole well, drink deep from it. If "history" has to be revised to integrate it all then do that. Let the fanboys scream their lungs out, but its goes integrated or it does not go.
It offers more varied products, and more story/play options.
Let the scale-bigotry end, 4" scale for mainstream, 12" scale for high-end. Both can have the integrated concept to them--its ALL GIJOE. I don't care if 4" fans won't accept Adventure Team being in "their" GIJOE, just as much as 12" fans don't like to accept DUKE or COBRA Commander as a "military" Joe--its all or nothing in my book.
-No more dayglo weapons. Ever. Figure colours can be whatever colour, but weapons would be in a specific colour range suitable for said weapons. In that regards, COBRA weapons would tend to have more variety because of their more fantastic designs.
-I'd balance waves to allocate equal numbers of all figures. That might mean some figures are under-produced, but all would be produced to the same numbers....no more wave 3 Storm Shadows.
-No more female figures in the mainline--instead they'd be offered through the GIJOE Club. I accept the axiom that they do not sell well at mass-retail, but that they "complete the play experience" for a collection. Best compromise is to offer female character through a dedicate audience venue, ergo: the Club.
-SDCC offerings are offered at the CON, and then at the on-line store. Window of opportunity is one week after the fact. After that, a SECOND guaranteed offering will be made with different packaging and different accessories no later that 6 months later. Same figure, but different gear or packaging. This way fans do not miss out. but those that attend or make the effort get something collectible out of it that is worth their time/money/effort.
-No more photoshopping prototype photos. Preview pics will not be released until the work-ups are satisfactory, or un-coloured raw plastic ( re: white) protos will have photos released, alongside an illustration of the colour scheme. Photoshopping pics is, imo, a deceptive practise and it doesn't breed confidence in consumers.
-I'd make extra sticker sets available through the Club, and offered special generic sticker sets to further customize vehicles. Each year I'd release small numbers of specific sets.....such a weapons locker set--containing one of EVERY weapon released in that year. They'd be limited run-set to say, 1000 or 2000 units--you snooze, you lose.
--All vehicle drivers would come with weapon accessories, such as a PDW.
-I'd have factories policed to end prototype leaks and pre-sell. Parties selling prototype or pre-production/pre-release toys are stealing, or aiding and abetting theft, as are buyers. I'd prosecute all parties to maintain release date integrity. To that end, once product is released to the mainstream, I'd have contests or auctions to offer prototypes to collectors with proceeds going to charity. This would include items like control art, packaging mock-ups etc.

-My one golden rule; figures are articulated. POC Wave 3 Snake-eyes articulated. Not 5 POA articulation. I'd sacrifice vehicles to maintain figures, or scale down vehicles to preserve figures POA integrity. POAs are sacrosanct--period.