JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: g.ijoecollecter3400's Customs  (Read 9317 times)

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
g.ijoecollecter3400's Customs
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »

Hey folks, Im not into customizing because im not set up with the proper materials, but too often i find myself dreaming of customs i would make if i had the time/skill/and patience.  So i just wanted to post a few ideas i have and see what people think of them:

IDEA #1. I rescently watched the new Die Hard movie this week. And in the movie there is an attack hellicopter that shoots @ John Mclain and John Mclain Jr. when they are in the highrise building. This helicopter looks earily similar to the Tomahawk. with a few exceptions like; The blades on the taile rotor are to the left side of the chopper and a lot smaller/incased in a circle. Also the cock pit is different, in the movie the chopper has a 2 bubble cock pit. It looks like one area for the pilot, and the bubble above has a bubble dome with a machine gun. It looks like the helicopter in the movie is some kind of real life updated version of the original Tomahawk chopper..?

So with the new Tomahawk comin out soon and a g.i joe retaliation Joe Colton that could so easily turn into a 4'' Die Hard John Mclain. My brain started doing something it doesnt do too often...?  Thinkin'

IDEA #2, Cobra Island/ Diorama / whole thing/ 25 feet by 30 feet. LOL     Nuff''said. LOL

No but siriously, I would love to hear from you customizers on the whole Die Hard thing. I would even purchase this idea from someone if they could do it very,very well...?

Thanks guys

I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
Re: g.ijoecollecter3400's Customs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 07:43:42 AM »

I see that a lot of members on here are in to cutomizing.....
Its something ive always wanted to get into, Ive never sculpted before, but i draw art for tattoos, would this help me @ all in the custo feild..?
What would be the basic materials i would need @ first to get set up for custo...?
When making a custom head, do you guys prefer using a 3d printer or making the head from scratch, or using an existing head and adding or subracting to it...?

Thanks Chris

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 07:53:36 AM »

Also, what kind of paint works and looks best when custoing vehicles...?
Car paint...?
Krylon, spray bomb...?

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 08:15:05 AM »

And how do you seperate the top half of the torso from the bottom half..? So it can be swaped out and replased with another. Do you just pull really hard like the head..?

I see the legs have a screw in them, Id imagin to swap those, you just unscrew. and they come of the ball and joint ?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »

I think you should sign up to JoeCustoms.com. They have a wiki with most of your questions already.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »

HOLLY, FRIKKEN WTF..?

Thanks Martin, life saver once again!!!!

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 09:29:49 AM »

Before and after pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99484714@N02/9404129970/#[/img]

Not 100% finished yet. Still needs touch up paint work around the black vents on top and on the windsheild. Oh...and i also gotta make a template so i can get cobra logos on there.

Special thanks goes out to ''propergrounds'' for the inspiration. After seeing his cobra artic 30th ann. vamp and cobra artic 30th ann. h.i.s.s i just had to try making my own artic vehicle.

Let me know what you guys out there think. And please be brutaly honest. If im friggen up or could improve in some areas, id like to know about it...?

P.S, I used model paint, to paint the pilots legs. I find it looks bad. Would some clear coat fix'em right up..? Or should i givem another coat of paint, then clear coat...?

Thanks, Enjoy!

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 10:26:24 AM »

I found this dyed sand powder. Looks just like gravel.! ( better then using kitty litter. LOL )  1$ gets you 400 grams of this stuff.

Also these barbeque grilling skewers make a great 2x4 when you chop the ends off. 1$ geta you a pack of 30  2 by 4's.

Lastly decorative pebbles 1$ for 400 grams.

If anybody out there wants some of these things, ill hook you up @ no charge. You would just have to pay the cost of the items from the store and your shipping.

P.S. The dyed sand powder was the last one they had in grey. They still had lots of red and blue though. They might get more grey soon.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 10:30:12 AM »

[imghttp://www.flickr.com/photos/99484714@N02/9406626481/]http://[/img]

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »

Neat! Thanks for sharing this, Chris.

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 11:02:49 PM »

Hey guys

This find was not dollar store but close. Its a store that deals mostly in second hand stuff but they also order misalanious other things to put on there shelves.

I found this for 6.99$ brand new in the box. And again if anybody wants one, i only ask that you pay the 6.99$ plus tax for the item and your shipping cost. They still have like 10 left.

Can anybody say " new modern dreadnock cycle ''...?

Its gonna take a little more then just paint on this one guys.
 I find the front seat too big and too high up. Its gonna have to be shaved down some. But the plastic appears easy to work, it's soft. So a little paint/patience and exacto. And your dreadknocks got a whole new ride !!!

The gas cape cover is a button. When pushed the front headlight comes on. Although the batteries are dead in mine. ( stupid dollar store junk! LOL )

PICS