JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Legends will close on November 16 2013  (Read 5644 times)

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Legends will close on November 16 2013
« on: November 08, 2013, 10:01:59 AM »

http://www.legendsactionfigures.com/
What a bummer.
While I haven't been there as regularly as I used to, I always enjoyed my time there.
The team has always been great to chat with.
Say no to AFA.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Legends will close on November 16 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 08:33:55 PM »

Are they really closing or moving?

That's sad...

Prince de Lu

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:53:01 PM »

really closing

je suis passé hier pour dire un bonjour a Steve et Fred. très triste. Ils ferment samedi

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »

Oui c'est vrai!!!

It's really sad to see their doors closing because I've been a customer at legends for the longest time, not exclusively, but I placed orders with them or went to the store a couple of times a year.

I still remember the first time I found their store in 2001 by accident while I just happened to be in the area. I can't believe it's been almost 13 years.

It was always nice to go to a physical store dedicated to toys and my hobby with friendly staff. It was the largest in Montreal. 16 years with an actual store I would say is successful, but hopefully they will continue online.

In these times, it is very difficult for businesses to survive. Toys do not have a lot of margin because they have to be competitive, and thus stores don't make a lot of profit unless they are selling lots.

There's still a few good places left here in Montreal, but I will miss Legends for sure. I will probably pass by one last time before it closes for good.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 11:44:21 PM »

Legends and Bounty Hunter Toys were the first two original sponsors of Snowtroopers.ca
I've met Steve at the Canadian Toy Fair YEARS ago (probably about 10-12 years ago).

Legends will be missed in Canada for sure.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 01:19:46 PM »

I haven't been to Legends in a very longtime and decided to go yesterday first to thank the owner for all the fun and great findings at his store throughout the years, and to get a chance to shop one more time for the last. I did find something in the loose item section that I was actually looking for a very long time, and I couldn't believe it was there waiting for me. I even found some cool Zombie slime that I will be using for my Kenner Aliens Queen Hive playset, yay! (seriously guys, do you know how hard it is to find slime in stores? At least down here in Montreal)

I also have fun memories of Dodge822 and me going through every aisle of his joe section and finding lots of great deals.

Legends will be missed indeed.
2 + 2 = 22