JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: G.I. Joe : Retaliation (SPOILERS ALLOWED)  (Read 7697 times)

GI.Suicide

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe : Retaliation (SPOILERS ALLOWED)
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 12:51:03 AM »

I didn't like it. I'm not gonna write a long review or anything but I will point out some reasons why I didn't like it. Cobra commander looked cool but he barely did anything in the movie.
destro was left in a tank full of water to die. Firefly is supposed to be a sabotage expert/special ops kind of Guy. One would only assume that some one of his job type would be in top physical shape but they chose a 50 year old fat alchiholic who can with stand a direct blow from a speeding suv! !!!!! Give me a break. Zartan dies?

As for the good guys in the movie. Duke dies right away and not even in a big fight or against a real cobra charecter. Agent mouse?  Why give a Guy a name when he dies right away. Flint had potential but Duane the rock steals the spot light. Lady jaye had a fine ass but the rock gets in the way of that too. Bruce Willis was alright . where was ripcord scarlett? 
Snake eyes jinx and storm shadow were the best in the film. Oh I almost forgot how cobra blew up the eifel tower and terrorized France in the ROC film yet zartan disguised as the president was able to empower cobra without the entire nation rioting in protest. Oh well who cares they only blew up england this time. I wonder what country cobra will decimate in the next film USA perhaps??? Well now I'm rambling. Overall the movie was packed with action but as far Gi Joe goes I was dissapointed.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 02:09:44 AM »

i've never seen the point of 3D and generally avoid it, so i saw it in 2D. there's the lesson for you...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 11:30:20 PM »

i've never seen the point of 3D and generally avoid it, so i saw it in 2D. there's the lesson for you...

That is also what I think. For me 3D is just a little gizmo that you don't absolutely need to be able to enjoy to the fullest the movie that you're watching. Nothing more.
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 11:59:25 PM »

Loved it!  Would never say it is perfect but i enjoyed it!

Don't care about the shortened nicknames (just look at this board with grunt and LJ).   It was a fine ride.

And Duke's body was not seen!  I saw the explosion and all but he could come back.

Thank goodness!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »

Anyone with a few hours to kill, I guest hosted the Talk Without Rhythm GI Joe Special. We talk Retaliation, and basically go through my understanding of the history of GI Joe.
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 10:32:42 AM »

I liked it. I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD but it's not a movie I can watch again and again.

The plot was better then the first one but still nothing amazing. It felt more like a bridge from the first blunder to Joe 3. If they stay on the same path then come Joe 3 we could have a decent movie.

Like most have said , there was no reason to shorten up the code names and I found it unrealistic. Case in point, I was in a band called Pablum. My best friend Mikey was Dr. Twitch, Brian was Schecky, Devon was Hugh G Member, Jay was Father Nelson and I was Chef Morgardee. When we were on stage we never shortened the stage names but off stage we used our real names (Mike, Brian, Devon, Jay and Dave). If the movie wanted to capture the feel of code names vs real life interaction I feel they should have used the code names in battle and real names in the bunker, with the exception of Storm Shadow who should be address as Storm Shadow by everyone with the exception of his Ninja Clan / family.

Speaking of names, what up with Adrianne Palicki as Jaye being called "Brenda"? I must have missed something.

Also Adrianne Palicki needs some acting advise when it comes to her eye moments. She flutters or rolls far too much. It almost feels like a drinking game. Daniel Radcliffe made all those Harry Potter movies and did a fine job with the character but it was until he left the Harry Potter franchise and had a new director (The Women in Black) point out to him that he needs to stop breathing with his mouth. Adrianne needs a director to teach her to control her eyes a bit bettor if she wants to advance her acting career.

All in all it was fun. Nothing amazing, but still a fun ride. Noe bring me Major Bludd for Joe 3 and I'll be happy.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 10:48:31 AM »

it was some stupid 'joke' by Colton to call her 'Brenda' because she was a woman.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.