JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hello from Virginia  (Read 3172 times)

Hemlock

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Hello from Virginia
« on: August 29, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »

Greetings from Ground Zero (well, about 20 miles from it anyways).  Heard about this site over at the Mego Museum forum and have enjoyed reading through the forums.  I won't say how old I am but I had some 12" Joes when I was a kid.  I particularly loved the scuba and astronaut gear.  Wish I still had those!  Got to relive the glory days when my kid got into the smaller Joes.  He ended up wiht a ton of them (wish I had bought a few extra and stashed them away).  Always loved action figures and started actually collecting them back in the eighties.  My collection is wide-ranging from Joes to Star Wars to Star Trek to Megos to . . . well, you get the idea.  I have learned quite a bit from this site and enjoy reading the posts from other crazies who love these toys.  Keep up the good work guys!

Spencer
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Two by two, hands of blue . . .

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Virginia
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 05:03:44 PM »

Welcome! I was just in Virignia Beach last month for my sister's wedding.  It was a great area to see.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Hemlock

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:42:55 PM »

Virginia Beach is great - I went to school near there and hit that beach every weekend if it was even half way warm.  I live up in northern Virginia which is very different from the rest of the state.  Very urban, very crowded, lotta traffic - bleh - time to move south!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 09:15:51 AM »

welcome aboard

Looking forward to reading some of your thoughts on any variety of topics.
Enjoy.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 02:16:46 PM »

Welcome!
Glad you're still collecting!
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Hemlock

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:23:11 AM »

Never really stopped which is quickly proven by the mountains of boxes in my computer room.  I keep telling my wife that we'll retire off of all of this stuff - little does she know that I will probably never sell any of it.  Interesting that my collecting interests tend to gradually shift over the years with only a few consistent themes.  Figures and cards have been a constant since I was old enough to box up my stuff on old shoeboxes and hide them from my mother who tended to throw stuff out all of the time.  Ah, to have all of the things she did manage to junk back them . . .