JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Super7 GI Joe discussion  (Read 8918 times)

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Super7 GI Joe discussion
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2023, 07:13:39 AM »

Toysnowman has a sale for reaction figures 7bucks each is hard to pass. I will probably help and get a few. Good hunting!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2023, 06:35:45 PM »

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2023, 08:36:37 AM »

Super7 will.do o-ring

https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=JS7fuMzLu3o&feature=youtu.be
That's exciting!
A couple points
- My one condition is It better have all the articulation. If it just o-ring but the legs and arms don't bend I would be disappointed. Maybe they mentioned that in the video and i just missed it. Its always loud in my house.
- Price is still high but better then $50 that most vintage 3 3/4 are going for nowadays and hopefully i can actually play with these things. 
- I think I will be very select as the wife keeps "suggesting" I clear out my old stuff because she needs more storage space.
- If its sunbow style though I'll pass. While I enjoyed the cartoon as a kid, once I read the comics there was no going back. Never watched the DIC series but it looks even worse.
- would love to see troop builder sets and diorama sets.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2023, 04:12:45 AM »

Well it's over, and it didn't fund.

I can't find the final number on the page for the Cobra Mothership, so I don't know what the final number was, but it didn't fund.

I hope Super7 takes this to heart for future releases and takes it into consideration when pricing whatever other vehicles/playsets they have planned for O-ring.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2023, 09:11:27 AM »

That is unfortunate, but it was priced to high for me.  $100 less it would have been a no brainer.

bishop

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2023, 07:11:00 AM »

Unfortunate, indeed, but it was priced too high, especially for international customer like us :). They might have a serious talk about the future of the gi joe brand. Hopefully, the oring will be released as single figure and they will be successful. I would not mind a smaller mothership, the size of a millenium falcon.

Anyhow, I got all the navy figures variation they released and they are fantastic. They are manning my battle platform and they are awesome next to the shark.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2024, 04:56:43 AM »

So it looks like Canadian e-tailers jumped the gun and accidentally revealed this years SDCC exclusives.   The good thing is we will have an option to get them if we want without having to go to SDCC.   Well as long as Super7 doesn't pull them from the Canadian market for this screw up.

Anyway this year's Joe exclusive (Ultimates) is a redo of the recent Zartan.  From the pics I saw it looks like there isn't much different.  There are some new accessories for an episode specific appearance of Zartan.   The one where Cobra kidnaps the scientist with the heat/lava/whatever tech.  So Zartan will come will a full brown robe, the Cobra headband that mind controls the scientist and the Cobra camera in the basket (along with the horn to make it "dance").   Then the Zartan figure looks to have slightly darker paint.  There was a side-by-side pic and the exclusive is the exact same as the general release but the colours are just a bit darker.

This is the kind of exclusive I am good with.  It isn't an essential character, and as such not something that I feel I need to track down.