JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Amazon Resolute Comic  (Read 6034 times)

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Resolute Comic
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 12:36:22 AM »

Quote from: "Editor"
Is it just me, or did the story seem like it ended too abruptly? I wonder it there is another page that's missing.

i agree, to abrupt.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 12:20:57 PM »

So yeah, it was supposed to be an Iron Klaw figure.

Here is the link on theterrordrome.com to the prototype:

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4738

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 02:43:23 PM »

I'm surprised by the negative reactions. I was really along for that ride. Technically there was already a Cobra elite trooper called Claw. Heck, that figure even looks like Iron Claw. This one comic ties the ARAH, Extreme, and GvC eras together, with nothing saying it could not fit somewhere in the Resolute universe.
Updated!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 04:54:57 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
I'm surprised by the negative reactions. I was really along for that ride. Technically there was already a Cobra elite trooper called Claw. Heck, that figure even looks like Iron Claw. This one comic ties the ARAH, Extreme, and GvC eras together, with nothing saying it could not fit somewhere in the Resolute universe.

My personal opinion is that Resolute is more "mature" and quite frankly Iron Klaw is just too far out and connected to a weaker JOE version. 

I would have preferred a comic pack with the Resolute style CG and a Cobra Trooper.  Thus switching up the comic pack, keeping it Resolute and making for a more realistic story (testing a trooper to get to the elite CG).

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 05:21:16 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"
I would have preferred a comic pack with the Resolute style CG and a Cobra Trooper. 
But like I said, nothing about the comic pack was planned to be Resolute. The Resolute tag got slapped on after the fact, just like Storm Shadow vs Tunnel Rat and Destro vs Shockwave.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 11:59:22 PM »

I dunno, I guess I am just really unsure when continuities overlap with no reason. It's never occurred to me that Resolute could be a place where multiple universes overlap. Even as a little kid I'd have never had any off-scale figures playing with my Joes, not even correct scale figures from other lines were kosher with me. So that's probably coloring my thinking about this. Iron Klaw is a cool toy, but not canon GI Joe to me, and definitely not from the same universe as the CG in my mind. If there was some explanation about the Resolut-o-verse being some kind of Crisis on Infinite Earths situation, then fine, but just jumping in with a IK lookalike, I dunno, made me confused.

If I'd gotten this with a toy in printed form I'd be more likely to have "got" the point. Without a toy in the right scale, I just don't click with IK or similar in ARAH/Resolute.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 01:31:24 AM »

Quote from: "Kronz"
I dunno, I guess I am just really unsure when continuities overlap with no reason. It's never occurred to me that Resolute could be a place where multiple universes overlap. Even as a little kid I'd have never had any off-scale figures playing with my Joes, not even correct scale figures from other lines were kosher with me. So that's probably coloring my thinking about this. Iron Klaw is a cool toy, but not canon GI Joe to me, and definitely not from the same universe as the CG in my mind. If there was some explanation about the Resolut-o-verse being some kind of Crisis on Infinite Earths situation, then fine, but just jumping in with a IK lookalike, I dunno, made me confused.

If I'd gotten this with a toy in printed form I'd be more likely to have "got" the point. Without a toy in the right scale, I just don't click with IK or similar in ARAH/Resolute.
But the comic pretty clearly establishes the Iron Klaw Trooper as not being the Iron Klaw from GIJoe Extreme, but rather as a new Cobra trooper type that just happens to ressemble Iron Klaw from Extreme.

It's called a design carry-over. I guess since GIJoe's never really had that before, unlike Transformers, it's normal for it to be confusing.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 08:50:36 AM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Quote from: "canprime"
I would have preferred a comic pack with the Resolute style CG and a Cobra Trooper. 
But like I said, nothing about the comic pack was planned to be Resolute. The Resolute tag got slapped on after the fact, just like Storm Shadow vs Tunnel Rat and Destro vs Shockwave.

Where did you hear this?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 10:40:55 AM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Quote from: "Kronz"

But the comic pretty clearly establishes the Iron Klaw Trooper as not being the Iron Klaw from GIJoe Extreme, but rather as a new Cobra trooper type that just happens to ressemble Iron Klaw from Extreme.

It's called a design carry-over. I guess since GIJoe's never really had that before, unlike Transformers, it's normal for it to be confusing.

I understand what you are saying, but I think most people are saying that they don't like the choice. It may not have been a  good idea when Hasbro uses characters from the "dark" days of JOE.  TFs generally carry over popular designs from mostly G1, and that is why it works.   Matt Trakker, a popular character from another line completely, was a popular choice.  A character from a not popular version of Joe, not so much.  Add on the story which makes this character "super badass" above the supposed already elite and it just doesn't work as well for me personally.

Nothing wrong with doing it, but I would have preferred other charcters.