JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: FANatical day of speed painting, paint balling  (Read 6729 times)

beekerzz24

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
FANatical day of speed painting, paint balling
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 08:21:40 PM »

Who ever you were playing with was definitly out to hurt you. 300 fps is usually the standard safe limit. Are you sure it was a paintball marker and not some kind of riot gun. I'd run like a little girl myself if i was up against that, Then introduce his face to the butt end of my gun. I dont' blame you, that would ruin it for me too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 09:25:46 AM »

From what I've gathered, they would feature me and a Joe fan in the military. I think she came up with paintball because I told her the biggest influence the show had on my life was the friends I've made as a result. That's when she started talking about get togethers with fellow fans. So I think she was brainstorming activities that could be done in groups, like the Speed Painting contest.

Still no word on who would foot the bill. If the show's willing to do it, sure I'll give paintball a try. It may not reflect my interest in the hobby but it is something expensive that I'd be interested in doing for free. Otherwise, it really isn't in my budget right now. I did counter offer to shoot a diostory, which is something I've wanted to do for months. And there's always that Tiger Force tattoo I keep talking about...

She's still open to suggestion. If you guys can come up with other visually stimulating ideas for the show, I'll pass them along.
Updated!

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 11:13:52 AM »

Heh, I wouldn't mind working on a dio-story either, I just lack things like sets, Photoshop and some assistance.

As for other group activities, considering the sheer INSANE amount of ninjas in G.I.Joe, why not all go attend a ninjitsu class or something?  ;)
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »

Just got an e-mail saying they couldn't cover any costs. Which means Paint ball's basically out.
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 03:12:29 PM »

This is what I don't get?.....

THEY make money making the show, and end up being able to slap something on their list of 'credits' right?

But 'we' being the collector are supposed to foot the bill so they can film it?

Seriously Ryan, it sounds like you're eager to do it, but this is starting to sound bad to me. You NEED a toy surrounding for it. You could go to Legends or something on it I'm sure, but they don't have much Joes to make your hobby look 'good' - you know what I mean?

Like I said, no disrespect to you, you're a bright guy and I'm sure you have your own reasons for wanting to be involved in it.... but is it worth it? To pay money out of your pocket to do something for them? You get nothing out of it - except some TV time. If they said they'll mention your CBC deal - they won't. They're owned by Global - Global doesn't do CBC any favours and vice-versa.

I dunno. I wish you luck with it, but it's sounding more and more like something that isn't going to turn out as you thought it would.
- Mike

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »

Paintball is suppose to be fun, but not at 1200 fps.  I paintball once a year with 30 other people I know and that DON'T collect GI JOEs.  Like what Beeker stated, the two don't go together.

As for the show, they expect the collector to foot the bill.  Give me a minute  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Now that I got that out of my system, give me a break.  Paintball on average costs me 100 each time I play.  And at this time of the year, forget about it.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 09:06:27 AM »

No real motivation other than it sounds like a unique experience. I hope it turns out cool, and I doubt it will be as bad as I fear. I have told Stephanie that paintball is out of my budget, which should be fine since she was really keen on doing a diostory.
Updated!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2006, 12:28:13 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
I hope it turns out cool, and I doubt it will be as bad as I fear. I have told Stephanie that paintball is out of my budget, which should be fine since she was really keen on doing a diostory.

Who the heck is Stephanie? I thought Jennifer was behind this show?

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 01:14:43 PM »

Jennifer recruited me, and now I'm talking with Stephanie, have been since the day I started this thread.
Updated!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 01:48:45 PM »

Quote from: ""beekerzz24""
Who ever you were playing with was definitly out to hurt you. 300 fps is usually the standard safe limit. Are you sure it was a paintball marker and not some kind of riot gun. I'd run like a little girl myself if i was up against that, Then introduce his face to the butt end of my gun. I dont' blame you, that would ruin it for me too.

It was a long range paintball "sniper rifle" with scope. He claims that he wasn't going to go up close, it was just an opportunity shot. The K dump of that thing was insane, even if it was a little plastic ball. It literally crumpled me to the ground. The judge gave him a mild talking to.

I'd have punched the little punk if I could have gotten up... or stopped crying long enough to see where he was going.  :shifty:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 09:27:59 AM »

Just got word that Stephanie is looking into sponsoring the paintball game. Not official yet, but there's a chance we do get in for free.
Updated!