JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Black-Mask Destro  (Read 2037 times)

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
Black-Mask Destro
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:40:36 PM »

I'm wondering how rare this variant is.  I found one early on in the wave's release at Toys R Us and have been keeping it un-opened because, last I heard, it was rare.  Is it really all that rare?  They don't seem to be selling all that high on eBay - but eBay can be deceiving, depending on when you look.  I don't really want to open it then find out it's very rare - and I don't want to try my luck at selling or trading it, unless I can get something I need for it. 

Anyone know?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Re: Black-Mask Destro
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »

Last I heard it was 25% of all comic packs (IG/Destro).

So 1 out of every 4.  Not exactly rare, but not exactly easy to find either.  I think this variant just isn't that big with fans.  I love it personally, but overall it isn't a mistake like Yellow Stalker, or a small production run like the exclusives.  So that leaves it being less desireable than others.

I would bet a year from now it will be higher in value than it currently is, but it will never get to the same level as Yellow Stalker, SDCC Destro or Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:28:58 AM »

I have to agree with canprime,  I was lucky enough to hit my local TRU when this wave first got put on the pegs and saw a Onyx Destro (I like to call him Onyx - WoW gamer) on the peg.  Eventually traded him for a value of $25.

I've seen it mention that he's supposed to be 1 out of every 4, the majority of collectors like him as much as they like the Viper so that says alot right there.  Doubt he'll ever command prices like the Clear Wraith would by next year.  Definitely not in league with a production error Yellow Stalker or gold head pimp daddy Destro.

I think the Yellow Stalker will be the absolute rarest item for this line because it was a production error and limited run.  Sold mine off to fund all the goodness coming up from Hasbro so my buyer is one lucky dude in a few years.

Anyways back to Onyx Destro - if you don't want him, I think he's worth a good vehicle pack (or two if you'er lucky) in a trade.  If I found him again I'd gladly trade him away for a Lift Ticket/Skyhawk or Copperhead/Moccassin.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:31:30 AM »

that's not bad then.  If I can get something good, then I'd definitely trade him... there are a few from earlier waves that I wouldn't mind trading for, eventually.

But at least I know if I ever get to anxious and open it, I won't feel too badly.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 02:06:16 PM »

It's a freakin cool mask. I made him an original character just to keep him around.
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"