JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: GI Joe 50th Anniversary Tribute by OB  (Read 41674 times)

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe 50th Anniversary Tribute by OB
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 08:36:52 AM »

that's the 1994 Action Marine's rubber dinghy isn't it?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2014, 07:27:06 AM »

Yup. It's from 1994 Action Marine. It works well with modern era figures.

50th Anniversary Day 17: Eight Ropes of Danger

Released in 1969, Eight Ropes of Danger re-used a lot of the same parts as the Deep Sea Diver released a few years before. This time, GI Joe was searching for lost treasure:

‘’GI Joe finds a map guiding him to hidden treasure, but can he retrieve it without falling prey to a mysterious threat known as "The Eight Ropes of Danger?"’’

Enjoy!

OB

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »

SWEET!

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2014, 08:54:06 AM »

50th Anniversary Day 18: Fight for Survival

Several Adventure sets were released in 1969 and were later re-released as part of the Adventure Team line. Fight for Survival was such a set. It saw at least two different releases. Its second issue, from 1970, included a blue jacket (rather than red). The original story:

‘’On a mission to carry supplies to an arctic research team GI Joe is trapped by an avalanche!  Will his canine companions dig him out in time to save the researchers?’’

Enjoy!

OB

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2014, 11:25:58 AM »

sweet. again. i would seriously buy a set of these if i had the money, all my bitching about ME figures aside, these are awesome.

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2014, 08:04:05 AM »

Thanks man. I really glad you're enjoying these.

50th Anniversary Day 19: Search for the Stolen Idol

Starting in 1970, ‘’The Adventures of GI Joe’’ became ‘’The Adventure Team’’. For the first time, specific characters were created for GI Joe. The Action Soldier became the Man of Action.  Action Soldier, Action Pilot, Action Sailor and Action Marine became the Adventure Team Commander, the Air Adventurer, the Sea Adventurer and the Land Adventurer respectively.

Released in 1971, the Adventure Team Helicopter is one of its most iconic vehicles. The Search for the Stolen Idol adventure set included the helicopter, snake and idol.
For this custom, I took a bit of artistic liberty with the helicopter. It is not a perfect match for the original. However, I felt that the little bird shared many characteristics with the original to make it a credible AT vehicle.

The figure is clad in the ‘’Copter Rescue’’ uniform set. The paint did not come out as nice as I was hoping. I need to go back and touch up the face and flatten the finish on the blue.

The idol is meant as a nod to Kre-O.

Enjoy!

OB

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2014, 07:30:57 AM »

50th Anniversary Day 20: White Tiger Hunt

Released in 1970, ‘’White Tiger Hunt’’ was one of the first adventure sets released for the Land Adventurer. It included a tent, campfire, tiger, hunting rifle, jacket and hat.

This was one of the first sets I made for this project. I bought the tiger a few years ago planning to make this set some day. This project finally gave me the opportunity.

Enjoy!

OB

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2014, 09:38:51 AM »

i hope that's tranqs in the rifle and the tiger's going to a zoo!!

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2014, 01:01:48 PM »

i hope that's tranqs in the rifle and the tiger's going to a zoo!!

I'm sure Tigerkitty will be fine lol. Seriously, in the comic included in the original set, kitty is pretty mean and terrorizes a nearby village. Joe scares kitty into the cage with a branch and everyone lives happily ever after... You can check it out here: http://gijoe.ebcutler.com/comics/whitetiger/index.htm

OB

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »

hm, cool. hope they released the tiger somewhere away from people!

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2014, 07:13:30 AM »

50th Anniversary Day 21: The Shark’s Surprise

Originally released in 1969 under the Adventures of GI Joe line, ‘’The Shark’s Surprise’’ was rereleased the following year for the Adventure Team. The set included an orange dive suit and scuba gear as well as a blue underwater sled for GI Joe.

‘’On a dangerous search for an underwater uranium deposit GI Joe is menaced by a whirlpool and killer sharks!  What is that glinting on the sea floor?’’

Enjoy!

OB

Oreobuilder

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 07:15:38 AM »

50th Anniversary Day 22: Capture of the Pygmy Gorilla

Capture of the Pygmy Gorilla is another set for Land Adventurer released in 1970. It included a camouflage parka and pants, a hunting rifle, a flat bottom boat with pontoons, adventure crates, a camera gun, a net and the mini gorilla.

To create he boat, I found the central hull part in a generic hunting toy. I added the scratch-built pontoons and painted the whole thing to match the vintage colors. Like White Tiger Hunt, this set had to be part of this project. It took me a while to find a suitable boat. In the end, the boat is larger than the original (although, the original is undersized). Also, my gorilla is not so pygmy, but it does the job for now. If I find a good miniature version I will swap it out.

The Land Adventurer is from the GI Joe Collector’s Club. I did not modify it (except the accessories)

Enjoy!

OB

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9