JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: BHT Toy Room (A work in progress)  (Read 10240 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
BHT Toy Room (A work in progress)
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 02:54:37 PM »

Do you think it would be possible to cut out the dry wall and mount them near flush with the wall? I'd like to have shelves  set in the wall as to take up as little space as possible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 04:46:37 PM »

I think it can 100% be done.

BUT - you'd still have to 'secure' it to the wall somehow.

If Raps has the instructions on how to build it, perhaps he can scan them and email them to you - or just bring them to me and I'll scan them.

I honestly don't think these would look good 'in the wall' unless you left the door off.
Mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 08:36:03 AM »

Well at least this has given me some ideas. At some point I'm going to have to take down my Joe room and I'm trying to figure out where to display them all. I also want to redo my rec room so now I'm thinking of building a large cabinet that sits in the wall. There is a place where I can get custom glass cut, same place I used to make all my custom glass shelves.

It's an idea, but I don't plan on doing the rec room for a long time, possibly years. Still, gives me a good idea.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 09:46:09 AM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
I think it can 100% be done.

BUT - you'd still have to 'secure' it to the wall somehow.

If Raps has the instructions on how to build it, perhaps he can scan them and email them to you - or just bring them to me and I'll scan them.

I honestly don't think these would look good 'in the wall' unless you left the door off.
Mike

I disagree mike, I think that they will look fantastic countersunk into the wall. I will countersink mine - in my next house. Unfortunately I am planning on moving to a larger house some time in the next 2 years, and I want the shelves to come with me, so they are out from the wall for the moment.

The challenge is to be able to anchor them inside the wall, this can be done, but is tricky, and will usually involve making another hole above the unit to manipulate the mountings, and then plastering the hole. You also need to be sure that there is space between the wall studs on the wall that you are planning to put them into.

I'll let you know how it goes in the new house, but for now, I have them sitting on a ledge for support. They unfortunately look like hell from the side, and coming up the stairs, you can see it. I'm going to get around to covering it with fabric, sometime...

-  :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"