JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: My 25th collection so far shelf by shelf  (Read 20553 times)

FastFord58

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
My 25th collection so far shelf by shelf
« on: October 07, 2008, 09:45:27 PM »

Here it is as of Oct. 7/08

And this is the queue shelf where armies get built before moving to the big shelf

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: My 25th collection so far shelf by shelf
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 10:45:36 PM »

Very impressive, although the character shelves are much more chaotic than the army builder shelves.
Updated!

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:42:01 AM »

It's pretty cool.  I've never REALLY understood Army building to the extent that you do it, though.  I can see five, even ten figures looking pretty intimidating...  but I'm counting 60 Vipers alone!  That's pressing $600 just in vipers!  More power to you, if you can swing it, though.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:24:58 AM »

Looks good. Only change I would have made would be to keep all of the Python Patrol figures together.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 05:10:36 PM »

Whoo-wa! That's pretty sweet. My question is do you do anything with all those figures or do they just sit on the shelf. Can an army builder ever have enough of one figure?

Bandalero

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 05:16:08 PM »

wow thanks for sharing, I never get tired of looking at other people's massive armies.  If you can afford it why not right?  For me they'd just be sitting on the shelf, there's no way I could play with 100 BATs even though I love em!  But your army building persistance really shines through to army build that Viper and his awful hands like that!

FastFord58

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 06:23:37 PM »

Well, all I do is look at them at the moment. I would like to take a room in my house and make a massive diorama at some point, but that is too much work and too little time at the moment.

Typically I shoot for 30 troops for normal conscript type troops and 5-10 for specialty stuff. Now that Hasbro has been releasing stuff at an accelerated rate, I will be sticking to those limits more. I ended up with multiples of 60 because of the time between releases. I also pick up lots if the price is right. I got 20 Fred Crimson guards for like 60 bucks awhile ago which is why the CG numbers are up there.

I have another 10 snow Serpents coming because of the Extreme Conditions set and I have 20 BATS coming which will put me at 30 of those. I wouldn't mind having 60+ BATS.

I also don't build non-military type figures like Ninjas although I typically end up with more than 1. I think I have about 16 Red Ninjas but I haven't opened them yet. I tend not to build vehicle armies either which is also the reason for lack of Hiss Drivers and Stinger Drivers. One of each vehicle suffices except I ended up with 3 of each of the Rattler and Conquests. I just love the big planes.

I don't plan on building the resolute or movie figures either. Just the stuff I grew up with.

Lt Storm

• View Profile
    • http://canadaseliteheadquarters.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 06:48:16 PM »

Holy troopers.  :o

I have that same shelf (the "wood" one) my indy figures are on it and some batman.
When life gives you lemons...trade them in for oranges, they are much better for you.

Bandalero

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »

question: do you take breaks after opening sets of these troops?

I think I was telling Pete the other day that it was tiring just opening 10 BATS one after the other (the most I have of one figure btw), I don't know how you guys do it.

FastFord58

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 09:23:19 PM »

I have to be honest. I hate the actual opening process. Usually I am opening 20 or more figures at a time and it becomes very tedious. I guess I do take breaks because but it is to my detriment because stuff builds up fast. I have at least 7 5-packs sitting to be opened, 20 BATS, 10 cases of Desert/Arctic packs waiting to be opened. Not to mention I have the Fang/Claw wave of vehicles and a Rattler and Conquest to sticker. I hate stickering more than opening figures.

I find the BATS very easy to open actually. For the most part they are already in a good standing position. I just stick them on the stand and put the extra hand on the backpack. Next to BATS, Crimson Guards stand very nicely.

The real pains are the figs heavy on accessories or the ones that have quirks.

Snow Serpents are tough because they have a lot of accessories. I put the missile on the backpack and to do that I move the missile launcher stand to the other side. On top of that, the knee and feet joints tend to be really loose under the weight of them.

Vipers have weird ankle joints that you really have to work to get them to stand straight. The hands don't bother me and actually work well with the weapons.

Air Troopers are back heavy and tend to have loose leg and knee joints. They fall the most with little provocation.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 09:36:50 PM »

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are the Python Patrol CGs customs?  I didn't think that wave was anywhere near being out yet.

FastFord58

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »

Quote from: "canprime"
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are the Python Patrol CGs customs?  I didn't think that wave was anywhere near being out yet.

Those are Wave 12 PP CGs. They came from Hong Kong.