JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: TRU . CA  (Read 11588 times)

darrenhowlett

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« on: October 19, 2004, 05:06:27 AM »

Hey guys - I don't know when it happened, but TRU now has an online site for Canada with joes available. Most transformers are 50% off if anyone is interested. Just thought I'd mention it because I don't recall TRU ever offering online service to Canadians.

Darren
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 08:42:33 AM »

Only Joe toy I saw is the GI Joe Alpha Helicopter and Figure Pack: Tiger Storm Copter set. At least it is something. Also saw the Ricochet Transformer everyone was talking about.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

I placed an order today for Jazz and the new guy Ricochet and they sent me an email before 5:00 saying my item was shipped. Nice and fast. Now lets see how long they take to show up as I picked the cheapest, slowest mail service.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 08:07:08 PM »

Their distribution is out of Mississauga, 401 and Hurontario - so you will probably see it tomorrow.  I placed an order on a thursday late afternoon, and it arrived early afternoon Friday.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 08:57:21 PM »

its cool but many items like transformers reissues that don't have french packaging can't be delivered in Quebec...
Say no to AFA.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 08:30:24 AM »

I'm glad I placed an order for Ricochet when I did. Looks like he's all sold out now. Thanks guys for filling me in on the new character. With watching the DVD's recently I'm starting to grow interest in these again and would have hated to miss out on this guy. As I told my wife, there is a chance a few years down the road I might be kicking myself for not getting these, kind of like when the Joes came back in '97. I didn't buy everything that came out and that was a mistake.

Sad part is I'm guessing a scapler went on line and cleared out the stock since they went so fast. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
TRU . CA
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 12:17:03 AM »

Hmm... a reissue of an ultra-rare Transformer for $20 CDN? I'd be surprised if he DIDN'T sell out like hotcakes.

I didn't grab one because I'm into the nostalgia and he wasn't on the G1 TV show. The only fig I couldn't find is Prowl. Any plans for Sunstreaker to come out?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 08:28:13 AM »

Quote from: ""akpayne""
Their distribution is out of Mississauga, 401 and Hurontario - so you will probably see it tomorrow.  I placed an order on a thursday late afternoon, and it arrived early afternoon Friday.

My order showed up in 2 days! That was awesome. The coolest part is they ship with UPS and I live 2 kms from my work, so since I see the UPS guy all the time here at work, when he swung by my house and I wasn't there he just brought my order over here to my work. Got to see my new toys right here at my desk. Gotta love that.

Observation about my Ricochet. His black paint isn't perfectly smooth. Theres a couple of bubbles (for lack of a better word) on the roof of the car. Anyone else get this?

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 09:37:04 AM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
Observation about my Ricochet. His black paint isn't perfectly smooth. Theres a couple of bubbles (for lack of a better word) on the roof of the car. Anyone else get this?

No, no bubbles for me.  I am preety well anal about the condition of boxes and toys for this line.  I use them for display purposes.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 10:52:45 AM »

Well doesn't that suck for me.  :shock:  Well I guess I can't complain. I didn't even know who this guy was a week ago and it got him for $20.00.

BTW, is there a web site that says which figures are next? I know you said Astrotrain, but was coming next but I'd also like to see a list of who has already been made in this format. I just wondering about Blitzwing. I've still got an original one mint in a sealed box and I figure the value of this guy will drop if a remake comes out. Just curious.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
TRU . CA
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 02:09:15 PM »

Here is a list

http://www.bigbot.com/transformers-reissues/

I am I paid 40 for mine  :evil: Stupid TRU.  And even dumber me.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67