JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Why even join then!?  (Read 14501 times)

Techno Viper T-17

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Why even join then!?
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 12:43:11 AM »

I just don't post a lot myself. The ones who know me from the JoeCustoms board know that I don't post much over ther anymore either. I think that it's just the fact I don't have the same passion for Joes anymore.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Collectorman

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Why even join then!?
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2004, 11:23:59 AM »

I hear you Techno. I haven't been able to buy a Joe in months. And now, facing the almost impossibility of finding things like comic 3-packs and Crimson sets in the future, along with the barrage of Marvel Legends figures I've yet to purchase (love those damn things), I've started to lose a bit of taste for Joes.

Maybe once I get my collection out of storage and displayed, I will feel better.
UCK!

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Why even join then!?
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 12:43:07 PM »

There are a bunch of reasons why people don't post often. Some belong to many boards and don't feel like posting on all of them. Some prefer to lurk. Perhaps, some forgot their password and are just to lazy to care since they weren't here that long. You get the idea, there are just so many reasons.

For myself, I usually only post when I feel I can contribute to the thread. I'm not going to post for the sake of posting. If something I wanted to say was stated by another board member, I'm not going to post just to say the same thing.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Why even join then!?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 02:22:27 PM »

I also would never post just for the sake of posting.

^Jon

Collectorman

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Why even join then!?
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 08:46:08 AM »

I believe that any post is fine, as long as it fits into the posting rules and it's somewhat intelligent. One liners are fine, but I've seen people post NOTHING BUT one liners on other boards...it can get annoying.

As long as the post is on topic, isn't 15 lines longs with no page breaks, has punctuation and isn't just one big ramble, it might be worth posting. Even if it goes off on a tangent, it just might start a better conversation.
UCK!

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
Why even join then!?
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 10:32:43 AM »

Yeah. Really long rambling posts can get annoying. You know what I mean? I sure do. Cuz I get annoyed by rambling posts. They seem to go on and on with no end to them. You read them but you don't feel like you're actually learning anything. You're just processing words without any rhyrme or reason. A big waste of time. That's what they are! In fact, this one time I went over to JoeCustoms and read some of the posts. They went on and on, but they just took turns repeating what other people said but adding their own spin on it. It was like reading re-runs. Not only was it boring, but it wasn't very interesting either. If I had my own message board, I'd have a 450 character limit on messages - like ICQ. Remember ICQ? It was pretty popular back in the day. Now it seems that everyone is on MSN or AIM. The remaining few people on ICQ are only on it cuz they're using Trillian or GAIM. Those programs are good if you want to connect with everyone, but they tend to be a bitty buggy. Where's the fun in that? The last thing you want is to be messaging your friend only to have the program crash! Here we go - blue screen of death! I hate that thing. It comes up when you least expected it. Like if you're working on a project (or your resume, if you're unemployed like me) Super pain in the butt. Where was I? I can't remember.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Why even join then!?
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 07:38:48 PM »

Jon's been working on his sense of irony.
Updated!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Why even join then!?
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2004, 10:14:29 PM »

Quote from: ""Jon S.""
Yeah. Really long rambling posts can get annoying. You know what I mean? I sure do. Cuz I get annoyed by rambling posts. They seem to go on and on with no end to them. You read them but you don't feel like you're actually learning anything. You're just processing words without any rhyrme or reason. A big waste of time. That's what they are! In fact, this one time I went over to JoeCustoms and read some of the posts. They went on and on, but they just took turns repeating what other people said but adding their own spin on it. It was like reading re-runs. Not only was it boring, but it wasn't very interesting either. If I had my own message board, I'd have a 450 character limit on messages - like ICQ. Remember ICQ? It was pretty popular back in the day. Now it seems that everyone is on MSN or AIM. The remaining few people on ICQ are only on it cuz they're using Trillian or GAIM. Those programs are good if you want to connect with everyone, but they tend to be a bitty buggy. Where's the fun in that? The last thing you want is to be messaging your friend only to have the program crash! Here we go - blue screen of death! I hate that thing. It comes up when you least expected it. Like if you're working on a project (or your resume, if you're unemployed like me) Super pain in the butt. Where was I? I can't remember.

I'm sure Jon has many strong points typed above. But because of my slight ADD, I drift off after the first couple sentences.