JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Your help is needed.  (Read 11245 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Your help is needed.
« on: September 08, 2010, 08:25:52 AM »

How do I start this off? Do I just tell you to read below and donate some money to the cause? Do I tell you that donating is mandatory to post on JoeCanuck.com?

Of course not.

I'll simply ask you for a few moments of your time to read the information below, put yourself in place of the people mentioned and ask if you can donate at least $10.00 to help a personal friend of mine.
...and, I'll reward you for doing so, if that helps to twist your arm.  :wink:
- THE Mike.

Dear fellow Canucks,

My name is Michael Sciullintano-Viscoso, and I am requesting your attention for the next few minutes to read the information below.

On Wednesday, October 6th, 2010, a fund raiser dinner is being held in honour of Deanna Sciullintano-Viscoso, my wife, and the mother of our son, Dario. The purpose of this dinner is to raise funds in order to send Deanna to India.

Now you are probably asking yourself, why do I need to support this persons trip to India? Deanna suffers from Multiple Sclerosis. She has had this disease for nearly 21 years. Presently, she walks with the aid of a cane and can not walk a long distance rather relying on a wheelchair to be mobile.

Up until recently there is no known cure for this disease. There are drug treatments, but they only slow the progression not stop it.

Recently a new theory has been put forth. Preliminary studies have suggested that a phenomenon called Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI), a reported abnormality in blood drainage from the brain and spinal cord, may contribute to nervous system damage in MS. This hypothesis has been put forth by Dr. Paolo Zamboni from the University of Ferrara in Italy. The procedure done on the patients is called, The Liberation Treatment. Dr. Zambone tested his theory by unblocking the arteries in the neck thus allowing blood to flow freely to the brain. Dr. Zamboni was featured on W5 and has done many speaking engagements in Canada including a symposium here in Hamilton at St. Joseph Hospital. The results have been incredible!

The surgery is being offered in a India but it is not available in Canada or the United States. Furthermore, OHIP will not support anyone going overseas and having this surgery completed. So, all expenses are out of pocket ranging anywhere between 20 and 25 thousand dollars.

That’s where you come in. I will welcome any donation that can be made towards this fund raiser. The event is called, Liberation in India; Deanna’s Fight Against MS Fund-raiser. The goal is to raise as much as possible to allow Deanna to take advantage of this opportunity. If interested in attending, the event will be held at St. Naum Hall, at 1150 Stonechurch Rd. E, in Hamilton, ON.

If you are unable to attend, but would still like to help support Deanna, I am also accepting donations via PayPal at the link below. Any amount you are able to contribute is greatly appreciated.

http://www.joecanuck.com/site/?q=node/31

More information on this procedure, including patient testimonials, media articles, and much more - please visit http://liberationgateway.com

I would like to thank you in advance for your support and donation to this cause. If you need to contact me for further information you may do so by asking for Mike at 905 928-5334 or via email at viscosom@yahoo.com.

Thank you once again.
Michael Sciullintano-Viscoso
(Hammer Viper)

JoeCanuck.com Note: For every $10.00 you donate, you will be entered in a draw for a complete set of JoeCanuck trading cards (including reprints), The 3 CanJoeCon only cards : Larry Hama, Zack Hoffman, and Mary MacDonald-Lewis (Zach & Larry's cards are signed), a 2010 Convention Comic, and a GUARANTEED 2011 CanJoeCon set held for you, regardless if you attend the 2011 Canadian Joe Convention or not. (You are stll responsible for the cost of the con set, plus shipping). Draw to be made on October 7th, 2011 in the chatroom at JoeCanuck.com at 7:30pm EST.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:08:45 PM by THE Mike™ »

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Your help is needed.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 09:18:13 AM »

Well wishes and donation sent, I hope she gets better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:35:34 AM »

All the best for you and family, donation sent.
Lurking

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »

I sent off a donation.  At least I know it won't be eaten by the MS Society, who I have grown a huge dislike ever since the W5 episode.  Only a few members here know about how MS came into my life last year.

I am praying this goes well.  I just want a cure to be found and I suspect Dr. Zamboni is on the right path, regardless of what some of the doctors, the feds and MS Society say in this country.  I am sick of the bullshit game they are playing.  Must be nice to be paid off from the pharmaceutical companies. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

garling23

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • "If your not in it, your out of it" -Joey Ramone
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/chrismeadows
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »

Donation sent.  Hoping all goes well for you guys!
Great Traders:

Pete the Greek
BHT
JIN

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 02:24:41 PM »

Done. I really hope it helps.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Hammer Viper

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »

I know this is just the first day but I have to say thank you. I am overwhelmed by your generosity.

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »

Donation sent!  Hopefully this will help your wife and send a strong messege to the medical community as well.
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:16:04 AM »

Done.  May everything work out for you.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Classified

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:27:52 AM »

Done and done.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 09:05:35 AM »

Timbits for all.  It is a good thing when geekdom unites to support a worthy cause.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 10:17:58 AM »

Done, I hope it all works out.