JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What was your last "crazy" deal?  (Read 2609 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
What was your last "crazy" deal?
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »

This is just something I had to post since I scored a pretty crazy deal at Walmart the other day.  Granted it is nothing toy related, but I had to post it anyway.

I was doing some shopping at Walmart and came across the Coca-Cola 400ml "ornament" ball bottles.  There were only 3 left and the sign said $0.50.  So I took the 3, and something inside me said to double check to be sure.  When I scanned one it came up $0.05!!!!!!! 

Needless to say I went back and scoured everywhere and found 11 more in an opened case on the top shelf.  So I managed to score 14 of them for $0.70!!!

That plus the $10 SW Fighters and $2 Captain America figs made for a "reasonable" spending spree.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: What was your last "crazy" deal?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »

I can't think of anything for me, other than the regular sale stuff.

For example:

Picking up Galactus for 30% off
Getting Astonishing Wolverine and Absorbing Man for BOGO1/2
$2 Captain America Figures

But my friend did get a great deal at Sears of all places.  We were in there one night and he picked up a Transformers Human Alliance Dale Earnhardt Wrecker for $12.49.  The tag on the box said $34.99 which was a deal since it was $44 at TRU.  But when the girl scanned it at the till it came up as $12.49.  Obviously there was an error in their system, but he just paid, smiled, and walked away.

That was a crazy deal.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »

Years back it was.......in Lloydminster, at a Walmart, found the first of the Spytroops joes--the two packs. First time they'd appeared to my knowledge--store had them priced at $3 and change. I did a scan on a whim....price was $1.70. Each.
 I bought every one they had. 30 figures worth for under $26.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 04:18:17 PM »

My father bought a big fancy glass shelf from "pier one imports" a few months back. He went in and said "I'm looking for something about xxx size" They came back and said well this is the size you are looking for and it's on sale. When they scanned it it came up at 11 cents. Everyone laughed and he got his glass shelf. 
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »

My father bought a big fancy glass shelf from "pier one imports" a few months back. He went in and said "I'm looking for something about xxx size" They came back and said well this is the size you are looking for and it's on sale. When they scanned it it came up at 11 cents. Everyone laughed and he got his glass shelf.

Now, that, is an awesome story. 11 cents for a glass shelf in 2011, that's like jumping back in time without the need for a time machine  ;D
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 11:42:43 PM »

I paid $0.50 for the pop and that was still a fine deal.  And I bought 12 of the $2 Caps.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:37:36 AM by pdaat »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 07:55:35 AM »

I've also bought a boat load on the Captain America figures. I'm still looking for Winter Solider...
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.