JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Canadian TOY FAIR  (Read 16202 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 02:58:20 PM »

Well... is it a good sign that I'm STARTING to carry them beginning with Wave 7?
Mike (Yes, it's a shameless plug!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2005, 03:00:11 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
Well... is it a good sign that I'm STARTING to carry them beginning with Wave 7?

.......really?

You finally track down a solid supplier for joes?
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2005, 04:10:25 PM »

Yes really.

YOU stop collecting and NOW I start. Go figure. :-)
mike

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 04:17:44 PM »

Good, I can get them in Canada for once. How much though?
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2005, 04:23:41 PM »

Yes really.

YOU stop collecting and NOW I start. Go figure. :-)
mike

Bloody figures.

I haven't stopped collecting, only stopped being a completist and army builder  :wink:

If hasbro puts out figures I like, I'll buy them.

from you, now.
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
BHT
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2005, 05:01:42 PM »

Mike, what are you planning on selling Wave 7 (and beyond hopefully...) for?
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2005, 05:58:29 PM »

he has a link on BountyHunterToys.com - I think it was $60 - placed my order as soon as I saw it.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2005, 06:32:56 PM »

They're $60.00 CND a set.
You can pre-order them at the site. Just click on the 'new' easy to use Pre-Order link on the main news page. :-)
Mike

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 08:31:24 AM »

2 questions:

1) ETA for the set?

2) I only want a few packs, can I preorder THEM?
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005, 09:14:51 AM »

Quote from: ""Damed Viper""
2 questions:

1) ETA for the set?

2) I only want a few packs, can I preorder THEM?

Answers:

1. Not 100% sure. I 'think' around the end of Feb / Early March.

2. Not at the current time. I'm only working on full sets right now. Then individual packs. They'll be most likely $12.00 each.

You get a deal (obviously) if you buy the set. :-)

I know..... I know..... it sucks. But since this is a 'new' venture for me (carrying 'new' Joes), I'd like to see how much interest there is in complete sets of each wave first. Less stock left over this way.
Mike

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2005, 09:56:01 AM »

damn. Guess I have to order a set then.
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
Canadian TOY FAIR
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2005, 09:38:20 AM »

Ok. Time to get this thread back on topic!

As you all know I went to the Toronto Toy Fair this past Sunday. Besides falling on my ass on a patch of ice outside the CBC building, it was a rather uneventful day. I won't be doing a 'write up' for it this year as there was nothing 'major' to report on. Plus, the New York one is a few weeks, and I may end up going to it as well. :shifty:

Here's the answers to the questions you guys asked. Feel free to post a link to this anywhere else guys.

Quote from: ""Agent_Loop""
Could you ask Mattel if we'll be seeing the new Justice League Unlimited action figures in the new year? The distribution of the Justice League line to TRU is as bad as the distribution to the new Joes. Only in a blink of an eye did we see JL mission vision sets on the pegs.

Mattel wasn't there - neither was Bandai (Teen Titans).

Quote from: ""morgardee""
Ask Hasbro if there are any plans to give G.I.Joe a regular cartoon/show on T.V. and if so, would that increase distribution of G.I.Joe related product in Canada.

They didn't know. They said it would be up to Hasbro U.S. (Corporate).

Also press the TRU exclusives and why the heck we don't get them up here.

You'd have to direct that to TRU head office in the U.S.

Maybe include a statement about how Transformers can be found everywhere but G.I.Joe, the "cousin" of the Transformers is next to impossible to find and don't let them give you that "It's up to the stores to order what they want" crap. You've seen the selection Hasbro Canada has and it's a joke compared to what is out there.

'Major' retailers don't show interest in a line, then there is less demand to bring it up. Every item that comes out to 'mass retail' in the U.S. IS offered to Canada. The major CND chains aren't interested in them. Plus, they feel the recent cartoons of the Transformers is why there is more interest with the 'majors'. I brought up how Joe should get another cartoon series then, he again told me to contact Hasbro U.S.

Quote from: ""sniper""
Could you ask if Hasbro would ever bring back the Canadian flag on Joe vehicles.  It was this attention to detail that made GI Joe the success it was in Canada.

Not likely. The toys are created with U.S. sales in mind. Since more product is sold in the U.S. than Canada, they don't see it happening. As for 'the success', the guy I spoke to thinks it had to do with the comics, cartoon, and 'the times'. Things are 'too' politically correct now, and the internet allows people to purchase more from the U.S. - if people would stop purchasind from the U.S. chains, then Canadian chains would be able to sell the products better, and in turn would order more.

Hey Mike, PLEASE ask them about the new mail away Storm Shadow figure and if we here in Canada can mail away for it or if Canada will be getting any mail away offers. I doubt we will but at least if you ask it might put the thought into thier heads.

You won't believe this.... only ONE person out of the 5 that were asked at the Hasbro booth even KNEW what I was talking about. The answer: "I think it's a U.S. only mail in offer"..

Quote from: ""akpayne""
Comic Three Packs - how did these pass Canada by?
I can already hear the answer from Hasbro Canada "Lack of retailer insterest."

Cost factor to convert the packaging and comic book to bi-lingual - that and lack of interest.

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
Find out what interest is left for GI JOE.  The TRU and Walmarts around me don't have GI JOE product any more since X mas.  I don't take this as a good sign either.

Well, I couldn't actually 'ask' that without getting booted out of the booth, but I did ask if interested from 'major chains' has increased in the last year. They said yes. TRU and Walmart have ordered more this past year than the year before - a good sign. When I asked about 'smaller' guys (like me), they said (honestly) that DEMAND WAS HIGH. My response: So will you allow a smaller guy like me to purchase from you. "Without a doubt" was the reply - but no waves are guaranteed, and the 'majors' orders will be filled first. Also, I'd have to order 50-100 cases of EACH wave.

Lame huh? I really didn't spend much time in the Hasbro booth........ no reason.
I knew what they were going to say, and I knew how I was going to be treated. I did tell the person I spoke to about this site, and explaned how 'pissed' everyone is at having to order 'stateside'. He STRONGLY urged that people stop doing so as it only hurts the CND retailers that DO order the product up here. When I explained that they don't set any 'realistic' purchase points for 'smaller' retailers (like myself), his reply was that the line is geared and marketed for a 'mass retailer' account (walmart, tru, etc).  It was a lame-ass conversation that went in circles and I got the idea that I was wasting his time with the questions and such.

I just don't understand HOW a major company like that is so BLIND to the smaller retailers?! Without us smaller guys, and our 'fan-based' customers, the line wouldn't be as hot as it is....... IF it is.!?? More people were concerned with Mr.Potatohead and other 'kids' toys more than Star Wars, G.I. Joe and Transformers COMBINED.  This years Toy Fair in Canada was a 'slight' waste of time. Once again, the smaller companies that were there were more friendly and eager to sell their products than the big chains. Grand (toy biz) was EXTREMELY friendly with me - but would still only sell direct if I ordered LARGE. At least they were friendly, and gave me names of other places to buy their product from. Hasbro just didn't seem to care.
Mike