JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: London TRU  (Read 5795 times)

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
London TRU
« on: March 12, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »

Just got back from the London TRU and they had a whole case of the wave with Croc Master, Wraith, Mutt, TF Duke and so on. I grabbed the Wraith but left all the rest. This is only the second case of these I've seen at regular retail (ie not a comic shop or online).

They also had plenty of the new Mighty Muggs at 16.99 (yikes!) and they had plenty of Joe and Cobra five packs, wave 1 vehicles (of course), DVD sets 1,2 & VvV as well as a peg for 12.99 comic packs which is now empty as I grabbed the last two they had.

This is a huge increase in Joe product, they pretty much hadn't restocked at all since Christmas as of earlier this month.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: London TRU
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »

They're all gone?  Rats - I had asked for the SE/Hard Master set for my birthday....
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:09:51 PM »

Sorry about that, I'd been after SE/HM for a while myself. The other one I got was just the IG/Viper, which isn't exciting but at 12.99 it's a good deal on army builders. Now I have three Vipers and three IGs, I reckon if I see the comic pack again at TRU I'd have a hard time resisting it. Heroes downtown has a ton of the IG/Viper sets at least but they are  few dollars more than TRU. However, Heroes has most of their single carded stuff at 9.99 which is as good a deal as Wal-mart now. Shame W-M doesn't wanna touch the comic packs though.

I guess the real exciting stuff at TRU was the overpriced single carded figs like Mutt and Croc Master, and most of those are in Heroes too. Parking for Heroes is way harder though...

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:54:47 PM »

I can usually find a spot on the street - I may have to go up and down the street a few times though.

Did you see a SE/HM pack at Heroes?  I didn't.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 10:22:53 PM »

Today I managed a meter right around the corner, usually takes several laps to get half as close. It was a good Joe day for me overall.

No SE/HM down there (Heroes) today but there was a huge selection of older waves and a few of the USA-only vehicles. I bought three USA carded BAT and left a couple more sitting there. I was really pleasantly surprised. As long as you avoid the marked up stuff, they are now cheaper than Walmart or TRU for singles and only two bucks over W-M for vehicles.

Oh if you're afte the Zartan or Trakker wave, Hyde Park Wal-mart had two cases out, only missing an Airborne when I was there. I snagged their last two Eels though. Oddly that W-M had none of the new five packs though, and those are even in Zellers now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:24:28 PM by Kronz »

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 05:08:06 AM »

I saw the 5 packs there (the new 25th with Duke, Shipwreck and the other one from the relaunch) but they were in the center aisle closer to automotive.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 12:15:06 PM »

London TRU restocked in a huge way this week. Three cases of comic packs and several cases of singles from the Mutt/Wraith wave. Also MARS stuff and five packs.

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »

Any signs of Resolute waves?

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »

Nah, so far this year I have seen only one case of the Resolute wave singles and that was in January at Heroes. I bought the Resolute comic packs and Blowtorch off Small Joes. Actually I got the Resolute CC in a loose ebay lot last week, I'd given up on ever getting him in a store. With Teletoon picking up the show I don't know why Canadian retailers haven't been offered any of the three Resolute product cases.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 11:11:35 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
They're all gone?  Rats - I had asked for the SE/Hard Master set for my birthday....

I don't know if it helps but as of yesterday there were at least 2 of these at the Hamilton TRU.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 03:37:05 AM »

Resolute comic 2-packs and the 5-pack box set were solicited in the Feb Previews Diamond comic order magazine. You can get one for $3 at any comic shop. The wave should be coming in tomorrow (they get all orders in on Wednesdays) according to the rag, which would dovetail perfectly with the airing of the show on TV. Only comic stores order from this distributor, and as far as I know, only Heroes in London out of the 7 comic book stores orders Joe stuff. They will have ordered these. The vehicle wave which was solicited on the same page which had Water Moccasin, AWE Striker and Sky Hawk already arrived last Wednesday. The 10 Hall of Fame figures should be in too. Toys R Us has a whole whack of comic two packs right now, I was just there on Sunday, April 27th.

Kronz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 09:02:49 PM »

Checked in today...

Pathetic. Almost all Destro and Baroness, with a few Neo-Vipers mixed in. Most of the vehicles are sold out and everything else collecting dust. No sign of the exclusives of course.

I am from Oregon originally and the TRUs there had serious turnover and would be the first place to get ANY toys. Has TRU Canada always been so...stagnant?