JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: HISS 5, Ghost Hawk and Doom Cycle in London  (Read 4478 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
HISS 5, Ghost Hawk and Doom Cycle in London
« on: July 18, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »

Heroes Comcs in London has the HISS 5 ($41.99), Doom Cycle and Ghost Hawk (each $17.99).  Picked up the Cycle and the Hawk
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Kronser

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: HISS 5, Ghost Hawk and Doom Cycle in London
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:22:26 AM »

Nice that they're bringing these in at Heroes. I am still hoping they get released at Canadian retail but I am not holding my breath. How are the vehicles?
I figured out how to change my signature!

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:26:55 AM »

I haven't opened either yet. Not sure if I will ever open the Doom Cycle, but the Ghost Hawk looks good.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »

Quote from: "Kronser"
Nice that they're bringing these in at Heroes. I am still hoping they get released at Canadian retail but I am not holding my breath. How are the vehicles?

You can try getting someone from the states to trade it to you for the Alpha 3 vehicles if they dont show up here, that's how I managed to snag an outpost defender (only had to trade a lava pod and polar sharc).  The Alpha 3 vehicles are great trading fodder with many of the folks down south and we get them for 8 a peice.  The only thing is shipping is killer for us.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

Kronser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:31 AM »

I am sitting on a bunch of W3 but I paid 13 for most of them since Wal-marts here only barely saw them (or someone more savvy than myself did the rounds). My personal set was from W-M but the rest I scoured five Winners for. But yeah, I am hoping to use them as currency toward some HTF non-Canadian Joe stuff.

Gerjurdking

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »

Do you guys honestly think they won't show up at Canadian retail? I'd hate to have to ebay these or hunt them down at ebay-like prices at comic shops.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:16:01 PM »

Hal just sent us an email today that he has the PoC Wave 1 vehicles in stock and he is cheaper... Just saying  :shifty:
Lurking

Kronser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 10:50:39 AM »

Quote from: "Gerjurdking"
Do you guys honestly think they won't show up at Canadian retail? I'd hate to have to ebay these or hunt them down at ebay-like prices at comic shops.

I can't find anyone with a straight answer anywhere whether or not multilingual versions are going to show up in Canada. Basically I keep checking here to see if anyone finds some at TRU. I am tending toward the skeptical side but maybe they'll surprise us?

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 10:56:59 AM »

It has always seemed pretty random what we get.  During the 25th line we got a mishmash of waves at retail, with a ton of pegwarmers, particularly on the vehicle side (chariots anyone?).  ROC was good to us though, we got every wave as well as the bonus alpha wave 3 that most of the states didnt get.  Hoepfully some POC stuff will start heading up but for some reason I wouldnt be surprised if it comes sporatically.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 12:25:14 PM »

I opened the Ghost Hawk and I like it!