JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: PoC at TRU?  (Read 2966 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
PoC at TRU?
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:11:36 PM »

I was at the TRU at Markville Mall checking out the 16 empty pegs GI Joe display to see if they are going to put any of the TRU RoC exclusives on sale and that's when I saw it.   I saw a PoC Alpha vehicle on the shelf.  I pinched myself to make sure I was not dreaming and grabbed right away to see what it was.  They had the Doom Cycle from wave 1 on the shelf.  I rushed to the price checker and it scanned at $19.99.  I stated to check every inch of the aisle to see if they had more, but there was only one.  I went back to the GI Joe section to see if there was a price tag on the shelf and did not fine one ( they have may items that do not have a tag on shelf).  I wondered how this got here so, I thought the following:

1. They got a box of mixed items from the warehouse?  Possible...
2. They brought a case of Alphas in and they sold 3 of the 4 boxes?   Possible...  or,
3. Someone returned a christmas gift to the store without a reciept and they accepted it?  More Likely...

I hope they are finally bring in PoC, but I will not hold my breathe.  Everyone check your local TRU and ask!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: PoC at TRU?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 08:48:19 PM »

I think we'll see POC in stock at TRU, just give it time.
I'd expect the stuff to show up sometimes around mid-Feb to early March--and will probably start with waves 3 or 4 figures and wave 2+ vehicles. TRU has been pretty good about stocking GIJOE for a long time now, so I think they are just a bit behind Walmart and Zellers on it.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »

I hope so!
Lurking

Gerjurdking

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »

I'm hoping that with Renegades airing now on Teletoon now they have the justification they seem to have needed for stocking a GI Joe product. Obviously the prices will be higher than Wal Mart and even Zellers (surprisingly) but given the terrible luck I've had finding POC stuff other than the first wave I warmly welcome another retailer carrying them. Oh, and I certainly hope we see the exclusives. I'd love to pick up a couple Spirits and QKs.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:47:34 AM by Gerjurdking »

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 12:13:27 PM »

Quote from: "Gerjurdking"
I'm hoping that with Renegades airing now on Teletoon now they have the justification they seem to have needed for stocking a GI Joe product. Obviously the prices will be higher than Wal Mart and even Zellers (surprisingly) but given the terrible luck I've had finding POC stuff other than the first wave I warmly welcome another retailer carrying them. Oh, and I certainly hope we see the exclusives. I'd love to pick up a couple Spirits and QKs.

The cartoon is really it.........TRU always seems to have stocked toy lines that tied into cartoons shows. The exposure helps move the stuff, they think.