JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: How many other members like to DRINK!?!?!?  (Read 3899 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
How many other members like to DRINK!?!?!?
« on: September 05, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »

Mainly because I'm a loser who is sitting here drinking beer on a Saturday night, how many of you guys out there like to drink, and what do you drink? 

I usually stick to beer (hard liquor makes me get naked).  My favorites are Lone Star Light (only available in TX...a decent, cheap beer you can get messed up on that won't make you feel like crap the next day), LandShark Lager (Jimmy Buffet's beer, NOT cheap but tasty) and the Shiner beers.  Shiner is my hometown, population 2,074. There's not much in Shiner...but we have a BREWERY!  I highly doubt Shiner is available in Canada, but I wish it was.  Shiner makes manly, dark beers, like Shiner Bock, Bohemian Black Lager, and Dunkelweizen.

I know my "Canadian Questions" thread discussed some of the difficulties we all have in obtaining booze, be it cutoff times or state-sponsored liquor sales.  So to further it, does anybody know the laws on shipping alcohol?  Because I would love to ship some of you guys some Shiner beer to try.  I know that I can't ship it US Postal, because they don't ship booze, but I think I can do UPS...however, does Canada allow alcohol to be shipped into the country?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: How many other members like to DRINK!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »

Canada Post considers booze an unacceptable item for importation, unless you are a licensed distributor.

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manua ... .asp  Section 3, almost halfway down the list of items in that section.
That would apply to any courier service as well as the postal services.

And nope, I'm not a drinker.
This stuff has brought far too many problems into the lives of my family and those around us for me to partake.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »

i like my beer, mostly Coors, or Canadian, and blue star, when i can get my uncle to bring it back from Newfoundland. i tend to stay away from the harder stuff but i do like my wisers on occasion.

As for shipping it, i don't think many if any courier service will do that.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Editor

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.animeevolution.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:52:17 AM »

Not a big drinker, but I do enjoy the odd one.

Mostly stick to Guinness, but I do like a few of the local breweries in my area, Granville Island makes some great ales.

And every once in a while I'll have a Mike's Lemonade or Berry, The proper Canadian ones with Vodka, not the south of the border KO made with Malt.
Convention Chairman: Anime Evolution 2010
August 13–15 2010, UBC-Vancouver, British Columbia

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 09:29:15 AM »

no beer for me, although I usally keep some mgd for guests. I like rye (whiskey)  such as Forty Creek, Gibson's, Wisers and Crown Royal.I also drink rum such as Barcardi, Capt. Morgan, Gosling's Black Rum.

Of course I can't hold it nearly as good as when I was 20 and really only have it when people are visiting or I'm visiting. My parents never had it anything growing up so its no bid deal.

Only once a year in March, when I go down to Grand Forks North Dakota will I drink a lot. Its for a week-end basketball tournament with dozens of teams. Then we drink a lot, mostly because were dumb. Lots of booze and no sleep make for a really tough game of ball.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »

I used to drink, alot... every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night with friends.
Canadian, Coors, Blue, and other drinks like Rum and Coke, Screwdrivers, etc.

One summer, on a camping trip with a couple of friends, I drank a bottle of Black Rum on my own....  and it knocked me on my ass.

Since then, I barely even have a beer... actually, most of the beers I've tried since I don't like.

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 06:52:47 PM »

As an employee in the Radio field, I am a drinker.  Radio will drive any one to drink.

I prefer Rum 'n Coke, but enjoy a good beer, cooler, mixed drink, ale, lager, pint, shot, lowball, highball, whatever is available.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »

I have a thing for hard liquor in moderation. I love Zambuca, gin and tonic, Peach Snapps and Irish Cream in my coffee. I can drink Vodka and Rhum as long as they're mixed in a cocktail. Mojito is also on my favorites list. I also enjoy Vodkice with my brother, his favorite drink.

I don't drink cheap beer ( I'll only drink it when I have no choice or I'm broke! ), not because I'm a snob or anything like that. It's just that most cheap beer tastes flat, and I go after a certain texture or taste. So therefore I like lager like Heineken and darker richer beer like Guiness and most of Quebec's beer is actually not bad at all! Vive la Beer of Montr?al-L?!

If one of you guys comes down to Montreal, shoot me a PM and we'll go to Brewtopia or Maclean's for a round or two ( not on me LOL, just kiddin  ;D)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:25:17 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 08:54:32 AM »

Considering most of my weekends were spent either jaming or playing in some of the dirtiest venues you don't want to see (ie - The Paddock in Toronto) then yeah, I use to like to drink. Then I had a child.

Honestly, I would rather have a clear head and be able to pay with my boy then drink all night. I use to smoke once upon a time as well, but all that goes with my punker roots. Ah, the good old days. Have a drink for me boys!
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »

I like the odd beer an the odd rum and coke(cola).  My favorite beer is U.S. Miller High Life in the clear bottle with chicken wings.  For me nothing beats it .

I use to drink a lot after work and on weekends before I got married, priorities change and I don't go to bars much anymore.  Just a couple drinks with family, the neighbours and friends from time to time.  I cringe to think of the amount of money I wasted over the years on booze.  That's a lot of Joes I could have bought.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Hemlock

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 01:50:12 PM »

After abusing my liver for years back in my teens and twenties, I have gotten some sense and no longer "drink for effect."  A good beer or glass of wine once in a while does me fine.  Something about having kids makes you less interested in overdoing I suppose.  Either way, drinking less saves money and helps you avoid doing stupid stuff!  At least, some of the time.  ;)

For me, a cold microbrew beer with a pizza or a nice glass of Chianti with a good Italian dinner is one of life's great pleasures.

Spencer
Two by two, hands of blue . . .

CF

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://mygijoewebsite.webs.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 04:04:07 PM »

I never liked alcohol I hate the taste of it. Beer is the only alcoholic drink for me and thats it. Besides I am to young to drink. In two more years I will be 19 so then I can legally drink :shifty:
I LOVE THESE  :cobra:  \":timbits:\"  \":mrt:\"

Check out my site.
http://mygijoewebsite.webs.com/