JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Wave 3 VvV figures on ebay  (Read 4047 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Wave 3 VvV figures on ebay
« on: February 10, 2004, 10:09:25 AM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 10:20:34 AM »

My take

Jinx: Not a bad looking figure (but what is with the arms)

Cobra Bat: One word - insecticon. Does nothing for me.  Too mant bats released in 2 years.  

Cobra Slash: should be called Cobra Trash. Unless it's Beach Head

Electric Eel: This looks freaking cool. Kid's will love it

Snow Cat/Serpent: I like the use of the traditional colours of the V1.  Since I never army built wit the first one (like it was ever in Canada to begin with), I hope they are made available here.  The only draw back is the tiny torso.  

Tunnel Rat: Ok figure but doesn't stick out.

Dusty: Same as tunnel rat. Probably the worst of the bunch.

Unknown action attack cobra ninja: WTF is with Hasbro and ninjas.

Stalker: Looks very nice.

Zartan: Is he playing on a minor league hockey team? Just needs a hockey stick and a pair skates and the figure would rock. At least he is not a repaint.  

Overall, not bad but it looks like the tiny torso and long leg problem (that has bugged me) is starting to be altered in the right direction.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 10:49:05 AM »

I like them...they are looking beefyer...darn factory workers eh?...stealing on the job or what?

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 12:35:31 PM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
I like them...they are looking beefyer...darn factory workers eh?...stealing on the job or what?

What do you think.  The figures just don't walk out of the factory on there own. Either a worker has got some freebies or they are stolen off the line.

If Hasbro did have a problem with this seller, he/she would have been kicked off ebay by now for having stolen goods (one would think).

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

Here are my thoughts:

Jinx- The loud colours on her doesn't convince me that she is stealthy. I'll wait until Hasbro repaints her all black with a hint of crimson.

BAT- As Pete said, we've seen too many BATs in the past years. Its predecessors are more appealing than this Ultron-wanna-be. The only way I can see the BATs improving is if they added lights and/or sound.

Cobra Slash- Not bad for a new Cobra character. It has a "Counterstrike" feel to it.

Electric Eel- This guy will look great next to be glow-in-the-dark Heavy Water. I love it when Hasbro uses translucent parts because I really dig the Inferno Bats.

Snow Serpent - a nice repaint with decent colours.

Tunnel Rat- He's lower body doesn't match with his upper body, colour-wise. His neon-ness hurts my eyes.

Dusty- not crazy about his helmet. Otherwise, decent body.

Cobra Slash/ninja- A ninja with limited poseability in his legs = one lame ninja. Upper half has potential customizable parts.

Stalker- looks great, even meaner.

Zartan- squint your eyes and he looks like he should be playing for the Habs. Interesting approach, but easily be skipped.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 05:52:39 PM »

Quote from: ""Agent_Loop""
BAT- As Pete said, we've seen too many BATs in the past years. Its predecessors are more appealing than this Ultron-wanna-be. The only way I can see the BATs improving is if they added lights and/or sound.

I like the idea Morgardee had as well...exploding Bats.  You hit there chest piece and ka boom the Bat is in pieces.  Add Loop's idea and then you have something kids may like.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2004, 11:55:09 AM »

Yeah, imagine. A 4 inch "proto" BAT with exploding chest that exposes his light-up battery/robotic heart/engine thingy. It'll be like the BAT as seen in the early DD issues.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2004, 03:58:58 PM »

Jinx - the best of the bunch. She looks really neat and is a worthy successor to the original Jinx - one of my favorite figures!

Tunnel Rat - the second best of the bunch. A significant improvement over the last one.

Electric Eel - he's translucent. I guess that's cool. I'll pick one up because he looks neat and would go well with my Heavy Water figure as a "hi-tech" teamup. While I don't army build, I do like to have complementary evil Cobras. (i.e. put my BAT variations and Overkill together, or Coils and my Iron Grenadiers)

Snow Serpent - I already have one of these and I don't army build. Good to see a good mold is being reused, though.

Stalker - I already have Stalker as well and he's GREEN. This Stalker is not Green. It's decent, but it doesn't bring thoughts of Stalker to mind. (I felt the same way about the 1989 and 1992 Stalkers)

Dusty - looks better than the last one. I'm not sure what's up with his helmet though.

Bat, Blue Slash, Ninja Slash, Zartan - skip it

Wave 1 was mostly skips and I doubt I'll be getting too much of Wave 2. Wave 3 looks really cool, though. Let's hope that the Joe/Cobra pairings work in a way that allows me to skip the figures I don't like.

^Jon