JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Answer this please....20 members = 20 answers?  (Read 9306 times)

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Answer this please....20 members = 20 answers?
« on: February 05, 2004, 09:47:43 AM »

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a few new items and was wondering if you guy thought it was cheap of me to offer them for trade for items I need.

I fully intend to offer these for there ?approximate? retail value...I am not going to gouge...but the question is should I do this, or should I just pass them on of the cost in cash? No answers with ?you can do what you want??I am interested in the opinions of the members of this fine board!!

Thanks!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

gsmiley007

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 10:23:33 AM »

I think it just depends on the person.  

The question is, would someone have the same value of stuff you need to trade for said item.

I don't know if someone would have a lot of armybuilder accessories to trade for a new item.

I think if the trade was for accessories for accessories, it wouldn't be hard, but for say a cobra trooper pack, I'm not sure what someone could trade you for.

But ultimately, it's yours and you have the right to do what you want with them.
Looking for
NF Charbroil Accessories
Starduster Figure
Hard Top with Mic
Heavy Metal Mic

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 11:24:10 AM »

Speaking as a "completist"

- If there is someone who has what you want/need for your collection, by all means, trade for it - fairly.

- If there is no one who has what you want - sell it for cost + shipping. Don't end up trading it for stuff you don't really need (more army builders etc etc)
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 06:14:06 PM »

Ask yourself the same question......

Would YOU do it?

Now you have your answer! :-)

You don't need us to answer it for you Carl. Do what your 'gut' tells you.... I always do.... and my gut is telling me to have some Timbits this Saturday night. :-)
Mike

PS - Did I mention the figures and FC look cool? ;-)

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 09:48:54 PM »

My gut tells me to get what ever I can for them...and as much as I can...lol...but lucky I never listen to it, unless i am hungry!!

And when Pete gets back tell him I have one more goody for him... :thumbsup:

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 11:43:50 PM »

Cheap?  We talked about this at your house.  If I am getting something I need (and can't find in my area) and the trading partner is getting something they need (and can't find in there area either), a trade makes perfect sence.  

Case in point, I had no problems in giving you the He Man snake packs for 3 future GI JOE considerations.  Carl, I will hunt down the other He Man Snake men line packs you wanted in return.

Plus if I can't do a trade or I am not looking to do a trade, I will sell the item at cost to guys that I can trust or help out. (Ed you have an email by the way).  And this goes vice versa as Prozac, Bucky and Justin Barnhill have helped me out a number of times (without the markup).  You never know when the shoe is on the other foot.  I just mailed off 3 bike bots to Prozac as they were not released in the States.  Did I charge him extra?  Not in a million years.  Conversly, scalpers on another message board, like dorkingbay, I can't stand them and there pathetic capitalism logic.  Buying a Airbone/Tele Viper pack, putting it on ebay with a insane BIN price of over 50 bucks and calling it a service to people that can't get those packs makes me want to choke the hell of them.  If that was me selling the Airborne pack, it would be at cost.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 11:20:28 AM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
Conversly, scalpers on another message board, like dorkingbay, I can't stand them and there pathetic capitalism logic.  Buying a Airbone/Tele Viper pack, putting it on ebay with a insane BIN price of over 50 bucks and calling it a service to people that can't get those packs makes me want to choke the hell of them.

:shock:
..... and I thought I had high prices on some stuff!?
Mike

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 11:36:29 AM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
Conversly, scalpers on another message board, like dorkingbay, I can't stand them and there pathetic capitalism logic.  Buying a Airbone/Tele Viper pack, putting it on ebay with a insane BIN price of over 50 bucks and calling it a service to people that can't get those packs makes me want to choke the hell of them.

:shock:
..... and I thought I had high prices on some stuff!?
Mike

Mike your different.  You have a store to run and need to make a profit in the end.  But you don't wake up at 8 am in the morning waiting outside Target like Al Bundy awaiting for he cheesecake for the sole purpose to grab variants or items in demand.  Dorkingbay does.  All these jabronis  do is drive up the market value of new toys, which affects everybody.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 01:01:28 PM »

You never know when the shoe is on the other foot.  I just mailed off 3 bike bots to Prozac as they were not released in the States  .

What the heck is a bike bot?   :?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 05:56:21 PM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
You never know when the shoe is on the other foot.  I just mailed off 3 bike bots to Prozac as they were not released in the States  .

What the heck is a bike bot?   :?

Have you ever seen those knock off Transformers (like a dump truck, a car with an UK flag) near or next to the actual TFs.  The same company also made replica yamaha bikes for 9.99 CAN.  They were never made available in the USA.  Brad showed me an auction where one of these bikes was going over 26 US.

Crimson Viper Commander

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/zardossk/crimson/crimson.html
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2004, 02:27:37 PM »

I dont mind helping others out finding stuff for them but when you see those same people selling off something I found for them for an outrageous markup, it tends to turn me off of the idea of helping.  My driving motivation for helping people get what they want/cant find is that maybe someday the favor could be returned on something I cant find...

Spill, back to your question...  If I was you i'd sell/trade the stuff for retail value.  If you try to get like $40 worth of stuff for 1 Infantry 6pack, your no better than the scalpers out there.
b]Crimson Viper Commander[/b]

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2004, 02:31:16 PM »

Quote from: ""Crimson Viper Commander""
Spill, back to your question...  If I was you i'd sell/trade the stuff for retail value.  If you try to get like $40 worth of stuff for 1 Infantry 6pack, your no better than the scalpers out there.

Agreed.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.