JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Canadian convention sets not listed on Yojoe  (Read 20632 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Canadian convention sets not listed on Yojoe
« on: May 13, 2010, 08:27:06 PM »

Hey guys,

Since our Canadian exclusive convention sets are Hasbro approved, why are they not listed on Yojoe (http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/ and http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/all/)?

This would be a nice way to promote the Canadian convention and its exclusives... I mean, they are Hasbro approved with official logo on it. So, it's not like other customs figs made by someone...

Martin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: Canadian convention sets not listed on Yojoe
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:51:36 PM »

How strange you posted this as I'm in the process right now of taking images for it.

Images were requested last year, but time didn't allow me to actually sit down and take all the photos needed.

The Comic, which was in the con set - is posted at yojoe.

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/convention/canjoecon.shtml

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 09:56:14 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mikeā„¢"
How strange you posted this as I'm in the process right now of taking images for it.

Images were requested last year, but time didn't allow me to actually sit down and take all the photos needed.

The Comic, which was in the con set - is posted at yojoe.

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/convention/canjoecon.shtml

Great! I tried myself to take pictures of the set, but with my old digital camera, the flash always reflect on the HATE Tank so I can't make good pictures...

Can't wait to see yours!

Martin

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »

Was wondering the same thing, correct me if I am wrong, General Joes didn't have a review either.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 11:20:11 PM »

I had actually pm'd an offer to send in pics for it, but didn't get a response, but I didn't really know who to contact about it...  I'm glad this is in process.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 12:12:59 AM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
Was wondering the same thing, correct me if I am wrong, General Joes didn't have a review either.

Yes, he did. It was in our own newsletter. It's been going on for MONTHS now....
Since January, I think.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 09:59:30 AM »

ah those were general joes reviews didnt realize.  Thats cool, he will prob but them up on his site some time.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
ah those were general joes reviews didnt realize.  Thats cool, he will prob but them up on his site some time.

He will.... I'd expect it to be done in July 

Not sure why.... :shifty:

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 01:48:46 AM »

Quote from: "turner"
I had actually pm'd an offer to send in pics for it, but didn't get a response, but I didn't really know who to contact about it...  I'm glad this is in process.

Usually Red Claw is the man to ask on that.  When I submit photos that's who I contact. 

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 11:20:48 PM »

Thanks for the info Roshan.  I recognize your user name from the tank :)

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 02:31:42 PM »

very cool.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »

Quote from: "turner"

I've tried the same thing. I've sent a msg to RedClaw about an idea I had (Creating a new section called Fan Made Group Projects on YoJoe) where we could find the CanJoeCon figures, the CustomCon figures, Sacramento G.I. Joe show figures (BrownWaterWarriors) etc.. But I think he is too busy.....yeah sure! Here's the original e-mail I sent to him (sorry for the bad english  ;D):

Hi Terry!
Thanks for the fast reply! Yeah, I don't think it's good to put custom figures through ``normal`` YoJoe pages neither! This site is dedicated for production pieces only and it's perfect like that. Imagine if everybody could put his custom works on YoJoe! I don't want this site to loose it's professional side. There's already many sites dedicated for custom figures too! But that's not my point; there are figures out there that are known by the majority of the G.I. Joe community around the world (I know it's a debate right now on YoJoe boards) like JoeCanuck convention exclusives, CustomCon figures, Sacramento G.I. Joe show figures (BrownWaterWarriors) etc.. Those are all fan made figures for some group projects. There's no mention of these figures on YoJoe, sure they are not production pieces but they are indeed collectibles. These pieces could be put in the Collectible Archive under a new theme like FanMadeGroupProjects or something else (I know you're better than me for that!!!) It would be nice to see each of these rare figures getting the YoJoe treatment (a page for each of them with pictures, weapons, filecards, parts description.. Another thing is that Larry Hama has done some work and gave his OK for the FuryForce set so it gives it another ``official`` touch to it! These figures are a part of the G.I. Joe history!
Well, think about it, I think it's a pretty nice idea personnaly (sure, it's mine) ;-)
Like I said earlier, I'm ready to send you plenty of photos from the set itself and all it's contents (even the Larry Hama's Spook original artwork)
Answer me soon and give me some news!

Eric