JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Post Canadian Joe Con appreciation thread!  (Read 27783 times)

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Post Canadian Joe Con appreciation thread!
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 10:11:52 AM »

Quote from: "Surnis"
I'm just sad I missed the Lara Hama Q&A. I was a bit late, and the doors where locked when I came, too bad.

You and me both!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 10:30:58 AM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
I'm just sad I missed the Lara Hama Q&A. I was a bit late, and the doors where locked when I came, too bad.
You and me both!

I missed it too...  :'( I needed a Tims coffee and something to eat..
Lurking

joss789

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »

First, i want to thank everyone involved in this event.  I had great time there.  It was my first Canadian convention and this is not my last.  
The dealers room was so huge and i've got some great deal.  I filled many hole in my collection and remember me guys to bring more $$$ next time.
All guests was very interesting, we cannot expected better.  Zach Hoffman was so funny.

I also meet for the first time many guys from this board and had a great time with them.  Hope to met you again guys.

This was a great week-end.  

Thank you
www.canadianjoecon.com

THE LARGEST SELECTION OF JOE ITEMS IN CANADA!

night force cynic

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 01:49:04 PM »

Best

Con

Ever

!!! 

Snake8Storm

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 02:27:47 PM »

I would also like to thank The Mike and all the con staff for doing a wonderfull job.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
I wanted to add another thanks to the guys who come in from a long way to attend.  Montreal, various locales in the U.S.

A special shout-out to turner - this was his first Joe convention of any type and he came all the way from Florida!

Thanks for the shout out!  I'm totally exhausted!  Sleep deprivation, lack of nutrition, and a sore throat from the line up!  Over 2500 miles for me, just got home today.  

Some of the reasons I wanted to attend was to meet you guys, meet Larry Hama and others, and get some 80's stuff at good prices.  I was not dissappointed!  It was really great to put a face and a voice to so many of you guys!

Grunt4mvp, thanks for the friendship during that 7 hour line up and for the inside scoop on all things Canadian!
Rodgerdodger, thanks also for the companionship on the line.  And double thanks for sharing your chair, your cushion, and giving my son a joe!
Canprime, thanks for the last hour's conversation and for the parking spot!  I wouldn't have made it through the line without you guys!
Pdaat, thanks for the talks and for having the boys for mine to play with!
Roshan, thanks for the conversations, and the contests!
Nova, thanks for the deals man, and that great box of accessories!
Gsmiley, good to meet you in person, and thanks for the trade!
Blitzkrieg, thanks for the talks especially in the lineup!
5h4rK and Spectre (right?), great to meet you, and even though we didn't talk that much, you garnered my respect as good guys.   
Bandonov, Dodge822, latinjoe22, good to see you guys in person!
Jason, thanks for the kindness to my boy!
Mike, thanks for a well-ran and great experience.
Thanks to all you guys for being so friendly and making this such a memorable expereience!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 03:39:20 PM by turner »

night force cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 05:24:48 PM »

video is unavailible now... I never got a chance to watch it  :(

I got to see a lot of great Joe fans again this year which is always nice plus I met a ton of great people at the con and in the line for wristbands but I didn't catch everybody's name so I'm not sure who everyone was.   The Alley Viper shirt must have clouded my social reason so I forgot to actually introduce myself.   :-[  D'OH!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 05:39:40 PM »

It was my first joe-con, (didn't even now a canadian con existed until a few months back, I would have come years earlier otherwise!) and it was a blast. Fully worth the travel from Sorel, Quebec. I made the trip with friends, and had a good time in and out of the convention itself.

While I didn't win anything either in draws or the quiz, it was more than compensated by the awesome deals at the dealer tables. I never expected the prices would be so low in general. And I managed to fill 2 of my 10 most wanted items wish-list!

Thanks to the people running the convention. Keep it up, I'll be there again for sure.
Thanks to Martin for bringing me, sorry guys for taking so much space in the car with my purchases!
Thanks to Zack Hoffman for signing my transparent Zartan's filecard, and being an all-around cool guy. 
And thanks to all the generous dealers I bought from (especially Pierre and Melanie, friendlier dealers would be impossible) The profit must not have been very high, so you sure deserve our appreciation, and not just the money we all gave you.

Just the same way I remember what I sold to you at past Montreal Toy Con editions, I am positive I told you about the Joe Canuck convention. I try to promote it as much as I can, any chance I get. But alas, that's not important anymore, what really matters is that you came finally. I keep telling other Montrealers to drive to the Canadian Joe Con, and I know that it may take a while for some to join the board as well, but I'm especially glad that you did both at the same time. They still don't know what they're missing on, but you know that now. So congrats to you, and in a way even if your stuff took more than half of our space for our stuff in Martin's car, one must only look at the bright side and see that you helped a lot of dealers that day by doing a lot of purchases, and I'm sure it's very well appreciated of them as well. So really, congrats to you, and happy that you could be all part of it. I know how you feel bad about not beeing able to do everything you wanted to do. I have the same feeling too, some of it is self-inflicted  ;D (such as me wanting to stay at the dealer's table, knowing that there is an interesting Q&A to start). That's why there's always next year to look up to  :wink: But do stick around on the boards, it'll make the next year's convention so much more worthwhile when it comes to meeting new members.
2 + 2 = 22

master_stanley

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 06:35:25 PM »

I would like to thank The Canadian JoeCon for all their hard work. I would also like to thank Larry Hama for the sketches he made me he wanted a potf 1995 full size millennium falcon I had. So after buying the first sketch I said he could have the ship for another sketch. He loved the idea. He customizes some star wars ships for fun. He was great to talk to again and surprisingly remembered me from 2 years ago.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 01:13:25 AM »

Quote from: "master_stanley"
I would like to thank The Canadian JoeCon for all their hard work. I would also like to thank Larry Hama for the sketches he made me he wanted a potf 1995 full size millennium falcon I had. So after buying the first sketch I said he could have the ship for another sketch. He loved the idea. He customizes some star wars ships for fun. He was great to talk to again and surprisingly remembered me from 2 years ago.

I wondered why he had the ship.  He was checking out the landing gear - making sure everything was working.  He's a customizer, eh?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 02:13:03 AM »

I was unable to attend the Con this year, after planning to go almost all year  >:(  However, all was not lost.  pdaat was kind enough to keep an eye out for me, and ended up snagging me several vehicle parts I had been after for quite a while, including a few I had never even seen for sale before!  So a very special thanks to him.  And don't worry guys, OlYeller will make it up there sometime soon!  After all, I want to review a Con set one of these days! :shifty:
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

burg

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »

It was my first Canadian Joe Con and I had a blast. Was really impressed with how well the show was run and it was great to meet so many awesome fellow Joe fans. I missed out on grabbing a few figures I needed due to work but that just gives me more to look for next time. Congratulations on a great show! :) Yo Joe!