JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: We're Here!!!!  (Read 3558 times)

Hammer Viper

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
We're Here!!!!
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:52:27 AM »

We are here at the Canadian Joe Con  ;D  According to security, people started lining up at midnight.  By, 6:00 am there  were  40 people in line.  Shortly after, approx.  75 wristbands were given out.  The group is hard at working setting things up.  The Mike is running around as he usually does.  Dry Hawk made it down from San Diego.  Everyone is enjoying Tim Horton`s coffee and timbits as we speak.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:48:41 AM by Hammer Viper »

Hammer Viper

• View Profile
Re: We're Here!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »

Just got home with my convention exclusive;  sweeeeeet.  Some excellent deals to be had for example, 5 dollars for 25th Anniv. figures including army builders.  I even got some cool freebies courtesy of Mark Bellomo and Hasbro reps. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

darrenmrppv

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »

Just got back from the convention (had to leave before I spent all my money!) - I was able to pick up some great stuff like the HISS II tank!  I also got my Ultimate GI Joe guide signed by Mark Bellomo - semed like a very nice guy.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put this event on - can't wait for next year (maybe in the Niagara Falls area?!?!?!)

Thanks again..........darrenmrppv

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 04:17:55 PM »

Just got home myself.

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT, GREAT!!!!! show.  Awesome exclusives, and once again awesome deals.  Crimson HISS & MOBAT from the UBP for $10 each (HISS came with driver too!!!).  As said $5 carded 25th and loose 25th figures.

I'm already set to go for next year.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »

The Montreal crew just came back from Hamilton as I'm typing!

It was my fisrt convention... and maybe not the last one!

Thanks to all the people involved (and to their family supporting them)!

Martin

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »

Quote from: "martin-montreal"
The Montreal crew just came back from Hamilton as I'm typing!

It was my fisrt convention... and maybe not the last one!

Thanks to all the people involved (and to their family supporting them)!

Martin

I copy that Martin!

The Montreal-L? Team is well alive and all accounted for. No one was MIA ( except maybe my buddy and I that returned as Zombified dealers the next day 9AM at the Montreal ToyCon... 8) )

By the way Mike, I remade all the money that I spent at the Joe Con the day before  :wink: so that's a relief to know I could afford the Joe Con shirt!

I wanted to especially thank Martin-Montreal and Madman, without you guys driving my little latin crew, I think less of us would have put their hands on the exclusives this year. Thanks for helping us all keep some money to spend at the Con, and for splitting the reasonable expenses of the gas. That was really cool of you Martin and you're in my books for next year. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to help behind the wheel by then. We hope you found some good company in us, as we also had some good times together especially trying to remember the names of the Gi joe figures in french!

To my knowledge there is now a total of 5 Convention Exclusives amongst  us in Montreal ( and greater Montreal ). Very soon 6 when Scramble will be back. Did anyone else aside of the Martin/Madman (Road Warrior Tag Team :wink:) and the latinCrew bring back Con Sets back to here? I'd like to see how many are on the Montreal / Quebec map, maybe we can make a huge map showing where the Con Sets are now located.

I hope you all recovered by now. I'm still exausted from the heavy weekend but I'm slowly rebuilding some strenght.

See you all on the boards!

LJ22
2 + 2 = 22

master_stanley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 06:46:59 PM »

I'm glade you guys teamed up for the road trip to the con that's so cool makes things more fun. I was glade to see you guys again and meet so many new people the show was a blast.