JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2009 Canadian Joe Convention feedback wanted.  (Read 17281 times)

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Canadian Joe Convention feedback wanted.
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 03:28:02 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Quote from: "morgardee"
Quote from: "Storm.Shadow"
Quote from: "canprime"
Hey at least they answered my question finally.  The one about what happened with the wave 1 vehicle case change.

What was the answer?  Sorry if it's staring me in the face, but I don't see it mentioned anywhere.
Thanks.

The short answer is Walmart.

I believe that's also the answer Greg the Hasbro rep said not to spread around.  :wink:

Here's how it was explained. Some stores have demands for how cases are packed. Those stores don't like half cases lying around because the stock tends to get overlooked or misplaced ie not sold ie profit lost. So those stores asked that the cases be smaller, which means only a couple of boxes from the wave could be included. Hasbro decided on the HISS and Armadillo/Serpentor Air Chariot set. Greg believes that the stagnant vehicles is less because the sets are unpopular and more because demand for those two sets dried up more quickly than demand for a four vehicle wave would have.

Greg said they will be using the failure of the vehicle wave due to the demands set down as a negotiating point to get full vehicle waves in Canada in the future.

good recap, thanks.  It explains a lot
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

MERK

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009, 08:15:14 AM »

Only one thing I`d ask...don`t have the show on the first Saturday in May. It being "Free Comic book day" ties up a lot of guys that may have come... :(

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »

Quote from: "MERK"
Only one thing I`d ask...don`t have the show on the first Saturday in May. It being "Free Comic book day" ties up a lot of guys that may have come... :(

Seconded.  Although I did get a free sketch from Ken Lashley on my way out of town!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

master_stanley

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2009, 06:58:49 PM »

First of a Big thanks to The MIKE and all the other people who put the show together you guys work so hard and make the show better every year. I had a blast the show was so much fun and I picked lots of cool stuff up that I said I was not going to buy but we all know how that goes. I bought 4 mobats for $20.00. Plus I traded so much I ended up with tons of cool stuff. My brother bought the g i joe book and the transformers book off Mark and he signed them. Then Mark bought my sealed sector figure so he could use it in a book. He was gonna buy my secret wars iron man to but I gave it to him for free after all he signed the books. I even traded some doubles for dvd movies I wanted and got a python patrol ripcord from I'm not sure what country in a trade I love the international figures and high quality bootlegs like the cool red and black cobra troopers the one guy was selling. I sure the next show will be even bigger I'm glade we all had so much fun. Can't wait till next year.