JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Poll

When purchasing USA store exclusives, how much do you spend on other items?

I don't usually buy anything extra
- 3 (8.3%)
$5.00 to $20.00
- 2 (5.6%)
$21.00 to $50.00
- 14 (38.9%)
$51.00 to $75.00
- 4 (11.1%)
More than $75.00
- 13 (36.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: May 12, 2008, 09:18:30 AM

Author Topic: Retailer Question #2: How much additional do you purchase with your exclusives?  (Read 3033 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile

Please read this post first:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... g20116#new

and then cast your vote in question #1 here:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... pic=2505.0

Question #2 is directly related to question #1:

"If you are order one exclusive from a retailer, are you also buying a few extra figures or something you could normally get in Canada, but are buying it because you are already ordering one item? If so, how much are you spending, on average, on these items PER PURCHASE?"

What that means is that if you're ordering, say, they Target Vehicles from somewhere/someone, do you also pick up a few figures/comic packs or other items that you could have potentially purchased in Canada at the same time, because you are ordering anyway?

This question is trying to gauge how much standard Joe product sales the Canadian retailers are losing by not carrying the exclusives.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

I tend to pad the S&H costs of ordering from the States with other items. Especially if the toys are not available locally. I often end up with items I liked but not enough to hunt down because they are all in one place for me to purchase.
Updated!

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile

I ususally try to get as much as I can from one place.  Therefore, it means if I see figures and items I want when buying a exclusive I will usually purchase them on the spot as well.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

master_stanley

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile

I also will buy other items at the same time since I if I drive for a little more then an hour to get there I want to get my money's worth. Or when ordering online then the shipping per figure gets a lot cheaper. I also don't care about the package so the shipping is even cheaper. I bought some here in Canada but when I went back to walmart they where sold out and I have not seen any at walmarts around here in months. I would prefer to just buy them at stores here but I'm sick of waiting so I'm gonna buy what I want online for wave 7.   

Snake8Storm

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile

I think we need another question or three (see below) asking:

1-How much did you already spend on american figure waves  that weren't available in Canada not exclusives but the actuall figure wave / comic packs.?

I personally have gotten all of the waves so far and spent probably around $1000-1500 or more with all the troop builders, plus figures for my bro. : )

2-Also another good question may also be how much did you spend on the one wave of Canadian figures that we have seen so far?

I've probably spent around $200 on this wave.

3-One other good question might be what store did you buy most of the one wave thats availible in Canada at?

I know I bought for my self one full case of the only Canadian wave at zelleres, and 2 extra snakeeyes and snow jobs, aswell as 4 more crimson guards all at zellers. I personally wouldn't spend a dime at walmart on them unless they were the only store to get them, but that's just me.

Snake8Storm

As for the second question to vote on I couldn't vote as there wasn't an option for if Canadian stores had these how much would you have spent along with the exclusives. If they were availible here I would have spent a crap load with the exclusives. Just a thought may be we should add options to the questions like that, for people who would buy the items in stores here but not at rip off prices from specialty online stores and can't get down to the states to go joe hunting as often as they would like.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:53:20 PM by Snake8Storm »

Hobbes

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile

Placing large orders makes the shipping costs much more economical on a per figure basis, so every time I order exclusives from the US I'm inclined to pad the order with figures that I could potentially acquire locally.  I'm happy to support Canadian retailers but between family and work, I have very little time to go hunting for toys at local stores that rarely have stock.  This year alone I've spent over $2500 on toys (Joes for myself and other toys for my kids) but only about 10% of that is local.  The rest is ordered from the US due to better pricing and availability.

Killjoy

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

Problem is that if you are ordering big items, shipping goes up quite a bit, so ordering the figures (and getting the COOLER packaging!) just seems to make sense. The Canadian cards so far are lame assuming you can even find them. So I order the better cards that I can't find here (even the ones that I can aka Flash and Shipwreck pegwarmers) for the better collection...

Even though I seem to open them...  ;D