JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Teen Titans Toys (Bandai)  (Read 11422 times)

squirely

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Teen Titans Toys (Bandai)
« on: April 29, 2004, 11:27:04 AM »

Hi I'm a newbie Luv the site. Does anyone else here collect Teen Titans Toys or comics? I just got the Titans Comic Book Hereos from Bandai. They're super-cool, since each comes with an exclusive DC comic. (I like the re-sale value on these.) Also got shape shifting Beast Boy, which comes with gear enabling him to transform. I'm hesitant to take any of these out of the box, but that may be hard to do. Need something cool to brighten up my cubicle at work.

Titans Go!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 02:48:05 PM »

I get the comics and my kids and I watch the show...where did you pick up the figs. I have seen them in the U.S. but not in Canada yet!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 05:58:38 PM »

I saw these figures at Toys Toys Toys in Toronto's Eaton Centre. The Beast Boy figure is the only thing that interests me. I'm not too happy about Bandai making Cyborg dopey-looking, and the 4 inch figures looking like its own bootlegs.
Well, just like how Bandai's Dragonball Z figures looked low quality in the beginning and later turning decent, I hope the Teen Titans figures follow the same progression.

Techno Viper T-17

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 08:41:28 PM »

I've seen picture of the toys and like Loop said, they look like their own bootlegs. Between these and those early DBZ figures, I sometimes wonder how this can be the same company that produces the Gundam toys.

I do like the show however.

Jebus

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 11:34:40 AM »

I saw these at TRU a few weeks ago. I really hate them. First of all why would there be so many versions of just one guy.

For example, there is  regular standard size Robin figure, and there is one that comes, with a bike or hovercraft, I don,t know. Simply ugly figures in my opinion.
img]http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/GreatOne/CACD55PI.jpg

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 07:21:19 PM »

Another thing that sucks about the line is the talking Robin and Cyborg figures. Robin's cape is really a huge battery pack that allows the figure to say ONE thing, "Titans Go!". With enough space in that pack, can't Bandai make him say more phrases from the show? And don't get me started on Cyborg's "BOO-YA!".