JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Channing Tatum hates GI Joe: ROC  (Read 4430 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Channing Tatum hates GI Joe: ROC
« on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:52 AM »

So......

http://www.enewsi.com/movies/190-28643.html

Can you blame him?  Spoiled baby because he is now a successful actor? 

I think most of us agree that ROC was, at best, not good.  However was it as bad as he makes it seem?  Would you prefer more actors be this honest with a project?  How about being this honest when you are still in the project?  It's super easy to bash something you did years after you did it, when you are now a successful actor, but how about standing on your high horse when it actually puts you at risk?

Anyway, wonder if there has been ANY movement on movie #3......hahahaha

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Channing Tatum hates GI Joe: ROC
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »

So......

http://www.enewsi.com/movies/190-28643.html

Can you blame him?  Spoiled baby because he is now a successful actor? 

I think most of us agree that ROC was, at best, not good.  However was it as bad as he makes it seem?  Would you prefer more actors be this honest with a project?  How about being this honest when you are still in the project?  It's super easy to bash something you did years after you did it, when you are now a successful actor, but how about standing on your high horse when it actually puts you at risk?

Anyway, wonder if there has been ANY movement on movie #3......hahahaha

If #3  doesn't have a release date announced by the end of the year, then I think it will not come out at all.
I think Tatum is being very candid, and really trying to divest himself of what is widely seen as a "children's movie" so as to lift his stature to other higher-profile roles, where he will not be type-cast.  And sometimes the movie an actor works in is just.......stupid.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 02:23:59 PM »

I liked it. but then, I like the Transformers movies. because I knew neither would be a 100% faithful adap of the 80s stuff and enjoyed them on their own merits.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 04:07:26 PM »

I wonder what he thought of the second movie.
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"