Site Stuff > Newsletter Section

May Newsletter Discussion - Gray Market P/CP

(1/4) > >>

olyeller01:
I really liked this point/counterpoint, and I was curious about what the rest of you guys think.  I'm not gonna lie, I've bought some gray market figures, too.  I long ago learned that patience is in fact a virtue, and if you wait long enough you'll almost always find what you're looking for, so I try to stay away from being the first to buy new figs.  However, even though it came from a reputable place, I'm pretty sure my Volcano Viper that I reviewed last month was gray market.  I also purchased 3 other figures...the now-cancelled Desert Battle Ripcord, cancelled Arctic Threat Duke, and Pursuit of Cobra Snow Job.  I wasn't sure if Snow Job was going to be cancelled or not, and he has such cool gear (and so much of it!) that I wasn't going to risk him being cancelled.  However, both to make myself feel right and to get more of that gear, I'm going to buy another one when he comes out in the PoC line.

So what do you guys think?  I'm going to stick with buying only cancelled figs...and I don't feel bad about that at all.  I wonder what would happen to them if they weren't sold gray market...melted back down?  Given to charity?  Anybody have any idea?

bandonov:
Wether Hasbro knows or cares what is happening with this Gray Market, they are looking at the forums to see what we the community say about the figures.  I personally will not buy these figures because I like my factory packaging.  My basement is not ready yet for me to open the packages to display them with pride. 

Stealth Viper:
I only buy stuff that I know won't make it to retail.

For example the initial wave of PoC stuff that included the RoC actor likenesses. Or items that have a pre-production paint deco on it that differs from what is released/will be released at retail.

I don't see this as taking money from Hasbro, as they weren't going to release these for sale anyway.

pdaat:
Gray market Animated Bumblebee, ROC Breaker and POC(?) Ice Viper.  Tried to get a ROC Duke too but that never arrived.......

I have to think Hasbro knows about it - they check the boards and eVilbay - and likely doesn't care too much.

Pete The Greek:

--- Quote from: "Stealth Viper" ---I only buy stuff that I know won't make it to retail.
--- End quote ---

Same applies for me.  I won't waste my time with figures that will show up at retail. 

Do I feel bad for Hasbro that people are buying figures overseas from China?  Nope.  After all, they decided not to use American or Canadian labour force to manufacturer the toys. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version