JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Some guys don't like you  (Read 4228 times)

LURKER

• phpBB Newbie
    • View Profile
Some guys don't like you
« on: January 04, 2009, 04:07:31 AM »

i've been out of the g.i.joe loop for a while, and found some joe blogs, and one of them seemed okay, it had awful grammar but not everyone is a scholar. Some posts were pretty funny but one of them was pretty blatant in their distaste for you guys: http://98oldsmobiledotgov.blogspot.com/ ... anada.html

figured I'd let you guys know about this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Deadshot

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
Re: Some guys don't like you
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 05:09:17 AM »

Well the internet spawns jack asses by the second, that person seems to be one. 
Zinthos.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 05:19:47 AM »

I'm right with you Deadshot.

Read what the guy had to say about us, but personally I don't think his negative comments should even deserve our slightest attention and should even be disregarded by anyone serious enough to know that his comments are merely fed by a total lack of understanding of the Joe following not only in Canada, but perhaps in the whole planet. I mean, "customizing" which he desbribes in a non appropriate vocabulary for this post is not from today and it surely is not an exclusive hobby to Canadians as it's very popular amongst collectors worldwide.

Anyone who has a reasonable doubt about his post' content and wants to check the truth for themselves will find out that our monthly Newsletters can easily be shared with just about everyone on this planet because they're done in a fun, pratical and easy to understand way, and best of all, it's done with all the respect and merit that our love for the Joes deserves, nothing less. But the guy's blog indirectly raises one point for people who could share his point of view about Joe Mania: someone that doesn't love Joes and cannot appreciate it from the Get-Go shouldn't waste their valuable time reading a Newsletter about it, but for that same reason, should not find in it an excuse for wanting to discredit the hard work that it represents for many and its richness to Joe fans that cherrish it...because they're wasting even more of their time.  :lol:
2 + 2 = 22

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 08:41:09 AM »

Wow, that dude is ignorant. I am "shocked and appalled" I tell you. Actually I'm not. The person who wrote it is obviously one of those people out there wasting air the rest of us could use.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 09:13:40 AM »

couldnt have said it better latin & Deadshot
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 10:31:58 AM »

He didn't put a link to the site in? Damn

FastFord58

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:56:15 AM »

Wait a tick...this guy sounds like he's bashing in an attempt to promote his own crappy blog that I have never heard of. Kudos to insecurity, it serves him well.

Interesting that the op, who is aptly named "Lurker", happens to make his first post about some sub-par site making negative mention of this one. Perhaps "Lurker" has more invested into this post than he/she leads on. If that is the case, he has already garnered enough negative attention to feed him; I would suggest saying no more about this site and let it fold back into the obscurity from whence it came.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 01:23:48 PM »

Just another negative keyboard warrior.  The internet is filled with these losers. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:26:13 PM by Pete The Greek »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 01:30:59 PM »

It's not even a site, or a well known site that has "reviewed" our newsletter.

:lol:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 02:08:16 PM by Anonymous »

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 08:24:04 PM »

Quote from: "FastFord58"
Interesting that the op, who is aptly named "Lurker", happens to make his first post about some sub-par site making negative mention of this one. Perhaps "Lurker" has more invested into this post than he/she leads on. If that is the case, he has already garnered enough negative attention to feed him; I would suggest saying no more about this site and let it fold back into the obscurity from whence it came.

Nah, LURKER's been around online Joedom for a long time. He's good people.
Updated!

condor knight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hjlcollectibles.com
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 09:50:37 PM »

Ok who left the door unlocked to the asylum? Does anyone really care what this person has to say about anything. Some of his/her logic doesn't make any senses. I think this person was deprived as a child so they have to lash out at the world.

Well that's my two cents canadian.
Come visit my store at
http://www.hjlcollectibles.com

My email via the site:
hal@hjlcollectibles.com

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 11:13:05 PM »

Quote from: "condor knight"
Ok who left the door unlocked to the asylum? Does anyone really care what this person has to say about anything. Some of his/her logic doesn't make any senses. I think this person was deprived as a child so they have to lash out at the world.

Well that's my two cents canadian.

Careful Condor... I have it on good authority that they/he might attack you with a Samurai Sword while wearing his boxers.