JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New MARS Troopers are much shorter than 25th anniversary figs!  (Read 1973 times)

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile

I was looking at these three MARS troopers and the thing that struck me was that they were as much shorter than 25th version figures as classic Joes. (Like half a head shorter.) The waist and upper legs seem blockier. Even Resolute guys are shorter and have bigger heads than 25th versions, but not as short as these movie guys. I was just concerned that if this is true, that means the whole movie line will be significantly shorter than the 25th figures and thus will not display well together. The MARS guys have the old Beachhead head and don't look as good as new Beachhead's head. As well, the figures from the movie might fit into old vehicle molds but none of my 25th figures will fit into movie vehicles. I don't have a picture for comparison but I will try to take one soon. Sorry if you guys already had a thread about this but man, I am bummed because I wanted a few of the movie figures like Cover Girl. I also wanted the PITT and some HISS tanks and I will be annoyed if my 25th figures can't pilot them!   :-
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
Re: New MARS Troopers are much shorter than 25th anniversary figs!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 09:45:40 AM »

Half a head probably won't make that much of a difference with the new vehicles.  Don't get TOO bummed about it...

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 11:00:41 AM »

Actually I kind of like that they are a touch shorter. It makes IG Destro look especially intimidating surrounded by them. They display nicely with 25ths IMO. Actually they probably integrate into either a 25th or ARAH display good enough for me.

GOLD5

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 01:07:19 PM »

Yeah the troopers are OK short, if you like a Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper, but Heavy Duty and Destro should definitely be taller than the rest of the figures. I wasn't worried about them standing up as much as how the 25th figures don't fit into any of the old vehicles. When you try to sit a trooper into the old HISS tank you can't close the canopy even if you bend the knees because they are too tall from the waist up (ass to head). If the whole movie line is short, (to skimp on plastic, no doubt,) then I was thinking that my new 25th guys now won't be able to sit in the cockpit of any of the movie vehicles. This seems to me to be pretty dumb, that would be like having two slightly differently sized Barbies with non-interchangeable clothing.. Completely avoidable.