JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Sunday Mornings on TELETOON are a rush!  (Read 1925 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Sunday Mornings on TELETOON are a rush!
« on: December 15, 2010, 01:36:33 PM »

From here: http://www.astral.com/en/press-room/new ... are-a-rush

G.I. Joe Renegades, Transformers Prime and Generator Rex join TELETOON's “Action Force” programming block on Sunday mornings beginning January 9, 2011

(Toronto, December 14, 2010) - TELETOON's Sunday morning lineup gets an injection of all-new action when three new series join the “Action Force” programming block on Sunday, January 9, 2011. Generator Rex, a new show from the creators of the hit series Ben 10, premieres at 11 a.m. ET/PT, while Transformers Prime and G.I. Joe Renegades, both reboots of classic 1980s series, premiere at 12 p.m. ET/PT and 12:30 p.m. ET/PT respectively.

New series Generator Rex follows the exploits of an adolescent named Rex who can grow machines out of his body. When he is recruited into a top-secret organization called Providence, Rex uses his unique powers to defeat the EVOs, an evil breed of monsters who have mutated from normal humans and animals.

Transformers Prime breathes new life into the classic battle between Autobots and Decepticons. In an attempt to protect the earth and its people, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and the rest of the Autobots face off against Megatron and his evil Decepticons once again. Another classic 1980s series is revamped for a new generation in G.I. Joe Renegades, a new series that sees a group of young G.I.s face off against the evil Cobra Industries.

These new shows join the heavy-hitting Sunday morning “Action Force” lineup along with the season two premieres of fan-favourites The Super Hero Squad Show and Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5. Additional lineup details include the following:

The Superhero Squad Show (Season Two)
Premieres Sunday, January 9 at 7:30 a.m. ET/PT
Season Two • 26 x 30 min
The Super Hero Squad - Iron Man, Wolverine, the Hulk, the Silver Surfer, Thor and the Falcon - teams up to protect Super Hero City from Dr. Doom and other infamous baddies. These brave heroes deliver the action with plenty of humour on the side.

Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (New Episodes)
Sundays at 8:00 a.m. ET/PT
This animated series follows 16-year-old Ben Tennyson, once again ready to take on enemies both human and alien. A few things have changed for the super-powered teen - his secret identity has been revealed and he's now an international mega-star super hero. Armed with a mysterious new Omnitrix, Ben is able to transform into hyper-evolved versions of his aliens and will see action in places he's never been.

Generator Rex (New Series)
Premieres Sunday, January 9 at 11:00 a.m. ET/PT
New Series • 20 x 30 min
Generator Rex is a new series about a teen with extraordinary powers. Infected by microscopic molecular-altering nanites, 15-year-old Rex has the ability to grow incredible machines out of his body. Rex soon finds himself recruited into a secret organization called Providence. Now Rex must investigate biological mutations caused by the same nanites that gave him his powers.

Transformers Prime (New Series)
Premieres Sunday, January 9 at 12:00 p.m. ET/PT
New Series • 26 x 30 min
Transformers Prime deepens the epic mythology of both the Autobots and the Decepticons while starting fresh for a new generation of viewers.  Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Arcee, Ratchet, Bulkhead and many others are back to "roll out" against Megatron's latest attempt to conquer Earth.  And Megatron proves to be more powerful than ever, having acquired a rare element that allows him mastery over life itself. 

G.I. Joe Renegades (New Series)
Premieres Sunday, January 9 at 12:30 p.m. ET/PT
New Series • 26 x 30 min
Branded as renegades for crimes they did not commit, a heroic group of young G.I.s is forced to turn fugitive as they battle to clear their names and expose the evil that is Cobra Industries - a seemingly benevolent mega-corporation covertly controlled by a rogue gallery intent on creating a New World Order.

Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5 (Season Two)
Premieres Sunday, January 9 at 1:00 p.m. ET/PT
Season Two • 13 x 30 min
Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5 follows Vert Wheeler as he leads the next generation of drivers in a fight to protect Earth from Sark and Vandal invaders. With the help of weaponized super-vehicles, the Battle Force searches for keys that secure each Battle Zone, to seal them off and protect them from future invasion.

TELETOON is where cartoons live - all day, every day. Watched in over 7.9 million homes, TELETOON features heroic action shows, hilarious comedies along with hit blockbuster movies. Available in both English and French, TELETOON Canada inc. brings kids, youth and adults the best in animated and animation-related entertainment with four nationwide specialty television channels - TELETOON, TÉLÉTOON, TELETOON Retro and TÉLÉTOON Rétro - and select programming is also available On Demand, Mobile TV, iTunes and teletoon.com. Founded in 1997, TELETOON Canada inc. is owned by Astral (50%) and Corus Entertainment (50%). For more information, please visit www.teletoon.com.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Mornings on TELETOON are a rush!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:16:58 PM »

YES, I can watch GI Joe on TV again!
Lurking

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »

Nice!  Now I won't have to scour Youtube.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »

I find it oddly exciting that the show description for G.I. Joe sounds the most "adult" out of the line-up.  I'll set my TV recorder NOW.
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »

Nice I'm watching renegades right now! That's 2:30pm (central time - I live in MB) Just setting the pvr now!!