JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?  (Read 4351 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:11:38 AM »

I read on a thread over at joecustoms that there is suppose to be a sigma six R.O.C.C. coming out. This is suppose to be the same as the 3 3/4 ROCC but has a smaller driver. Since we are getting the sigma six stuff now and anyone comes across this bad boy please make sure you post about it. I still really want the ROCC but I don't want to pay something like $30.00 to have it shipped here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 09:51:08 AM »

I plan on keeping my eye open, but be warned. It's supposed to include a retooled copter from the Rhino, meaning it will be pretty expensive.
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 10:36:12 AM »

Cool. Still probably cheaper then paying $45.00 USD plus shipping and duty. Where did you get your info from?

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »

I might have to change what I said. It was first announced a few months ago, a General Hawk said it was even more confusing because the ROCC will be a reissue but the helicopter a retool. But researching again, it seems it's just the ROCC afterall. Sorry for the mix-up.
Updated!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »

I know I got mine a while back with the help of an American and the HTS discounts.  Plus, I didn't have to pay shipping as my order was free due to amount of 6 packs I wanted/bought.

And now they are reissuing it for Sigma Six.   ..... cash grab for the dumb out there if you already own one.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 03:37:29 PM »

3 3/4 vehicule for the small figures??
It just puts oil on my I want S6 3 3/4 figures fire!!!
Say no to AFA.

General Hawk

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 04:00:46 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
I might have to change what I said. It was first announced a few months ago, a General Hawk said it was even more confusing because the ROCC will be a reissue but the helicopter a retool. But researching again, it seems it's just the ROCC afterall. Sorry for the mix-up.

Yeah, the ROCC and RHINO Copter are two separate things.  The ROCC comes with a jet, and is a total re-release of the 3 3/4" version.  There may be some paint differences but the vehicle itself is exactly the same.

However, the helicopter that originally came with the RHINO (not the ROCC) is being released on it's own, and is retooled for the smaller figures.

Does that make more sense?

Justin

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 01:03:50 PM »

Quote from: ""General Hawk""
Quote from: ""Scramble""

Yeah, the ROCC and RHINO Copter are two separate things.  The ROCC comes with a jet, and is a total re-release of the 3 3/4" version.  There may be some paint differences but the vehicle itself is exactly the same.

However, the helicopter that originally came with the RHINO (not the ROCC) is being released on it's own, and is retooled for the smaller figures.

Does that make more sense?

Justin

It does. At the time they were being discussed together so I assumed it was one item.

It's a shame, I'd be interested in owning a RHINO, but my collection's doing fine without the ROCC.
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 01:07:05 PM »

I have the Rhino. It's pretty fun but for some reason I really wanted to check out the R.O.C.C. I had one on pre-order but Hasbro apperently didn't ship the on line store I was dealing with the stock requested so eventually I had to get a refund.  :(

I still want to check one of those out but I don't want to spend the money on shipping.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 08:26:20 PM »

I have the ROCC, and I have to say, the Rhino is hands down a far better vehicle - in fact it is one of my top 10 favs from the entire Joe Line - and that includes all of them back to '82.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 08:47:03 PM »

I have both as well and I must admit that the Rhino as a little something more... Maybe its the fact that you can store more figures in it. The ROCC while being bigger doesn't have much figure space when its closed down due to the little jet and other gimmicks. It would have been cool if the interior of the ROCC had been more like the APC.
Say no to AFA.

JoeIndex

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thejoeindex.com/
Sigmal Six R.O.C.C.?
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 09:00:33 AM »

The Rhino's a much better purchase, IMO. I have both but the Rhino has more play value (not that I play with anything unless I'm taking pictures of it) and lots of neat features, but all the figure space is really cool. The ROCC is ok, but it just kind of sits around taking up space. I really don't like that the cab comes off from the trailer so easily. There's no way to secure and that annoys me. It'd be nice to be able to pick up as one piece instead of having to worry about the cab or the trailer falling off as you lift it.
The JoeIndex - updated 02/18/2007