JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Zellers brings in Sigma Six  (Read 3845 times)

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Zellers brings in Sigma Six
« on: September 27, 2006, 11:12:17 AM »

I've been to two Zellers in Montreal in the last month that have brought in a tonne of 8" Sigma Six figures. Zellers in Alexis Nihon (on Atwater) has the last Commando wave with Destro, Hi-Tech, Artic Duke, and one of the versions of Snake Eyes (jungle ops or ninja armour, I can't keep track). They also have the latest Soldier wave, which includes a figure everyone should own: Firefly, alongside desert Long Range, the other Snake Eyes, and tatoo Storm Shadow. Commando's are going for $20 (well worth it for Destro), soldiers I forgot to check, as I already bought Firefly at TRU Angrignon. Bonus in Alexis Nihon Zellers was finding Sigma Strike Duke (with Power Armour) also known as Big Honkin' Guns Duke. I'm on the fence about getting him, and his $30 price tag isn't making me hop over.

Zellers in Place Vertu, not known for their toy section (or rather, known for having a pretty bare toy aisle) managed to get both the Commando and Soldier wave as well. Surprisingly, they're selling them for the same price, $20, even though the Soldier wave is supposed to be the cheaper thanks to no weapons locker and being mostly repaints.

The Commandos are the first wave to include the flashing LED light. This is meant to draw the eye but I have to tell you, I walked past it twice without blinking. The really eye-catching part of the packaging is still the weapons locker. The shade of grey and sheer bulk of it are too noticable to miss.

So far I own Destro and Firefly from this wave and hot damn, they are fun. The layers of hidden details and the smooth integration of gimmicks really wins me over. Sometimes I stare at Destro at night and weep tears of joy. I'm waiting for October to buy Hi-Tech, so if anyone hits Place Vertu, can you save me one. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »

Strange follow-up. I went there yesterday and got Hi-Tech. The Commandos looked as fully stocked as the last time I went in, but the Soldiers were nearly gone. Considering they're selling for the same price, it's funny to see the figures that sell for $10 in the States selling better than those that retail at $15 when they're all marked at $20 Canadian. It very well could be the opposite, that the Soldiers were ordered in smaller quantities so couldn't be restocked, but it still looked funny.
Updated!

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 04:49:05 PM »

I haven't seen any at the Taschereau Zellers, but I'll have to look closer next time I'm in that area.
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 11:09:56 AM »

Hit the Angrinon Zellers yesterday. Not only did they have the same assortment of Sigma Six, they also had a diving suit Duke, from a much earlier wave. He was the only figure out of place, don't know what that means. Lots of Destro and Firefly if anyone's looking.

I also hit Angrinon Toys R Us. They were down to one desert Long Range and a few 2.5 vehicle blisters. Not sure whether this is a sign that they're selling well or that they weren't selling well enough for a restock, but it's what was left. There were still two pegs dedicated to the 8" figures. Here's hoping they bring in the Stone/Zartan/black CC wave because I'm dying to get Lt. Stone before his armour changes from black to blue.
Updated!

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 01:53:36 PM »

I'll probably hit the Tashereau Zellers and/or Wal-Mart tomorrow after classes.

That diver Duke does seem out of place.  Was it the Trilingual packaging?  If so, who else was in the 'Also Available/Collect Them All' part?

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 08:42:22 AM »

I guess its official, S6 toys don't do it for me.
I was in NYC this weekend and at TRU time square they had a huge wall full of S6 toys with a buy 2 and get one free promo... I didn't buy anything...
Say no to AFA.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 09:19:55 AM »

Quote from: ""Redmao""
I guess its official, S6 toys don't do it for me.
I was in NYC this weekend and at TRU time square they had a huge wall full of S6 toys with a buy 2 and get one free promo... I didn't buy anything...

Ah! Kill me a little, you tormentor! I almost don't want to ask which ones were in stock.

SEoaP, I didn't pay attention to the languages on the package, but I know the Ninja BAT and wave 1 were listed on the back.
Updated!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 09:53:23 AM »

Hey, they mostly had the first two waves in stock.
Nothing special. No 6 packs ( I was disapointed)
As for the 2.5 line, they had the first wave and they had the ROCC (both 33/4 and 2.5 packaging)
Say no to AFA.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 05:14:11 PM »

Thanks for the info, Scramble!  I'll keep an eye out for them.

I didn't get to go to Taschereau's WalMart today, but I went to the Zellers instead.  As usual, horrible dissappointment: not GI Joe stuff of any kind, and terrible prices on everything else.